Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PvZ counter corruptor and broodlord?

Alterran's Avatar Junior Member

Default PvZ counter corruptor and broodlord?

... Is it even possible to counter when supported by zerglings?
    I just had a game were i lost to broodlords and zerglings / corruptors.
    I realize its very rare that it goes this far, but sometimes it happens.

Just pains me to lose a excellent 18 min game with a lot of action when im still having a good economy and 3 bases with a lot of options.

In one battle i got his natural, but was unable to push up the ramp with my last colossus dead.
    He then quickly built some corruptors, i scouted this and tried to put out more stalkers/sentries in my mix. But i didnt want to make too much since his ground force was hydra/lings, so i keept making equal amount of zealots as sentries/stalkers.
    I then pushed and got badly beaten by 4 broodlords, and the corruptors quickly killd my colossuses, he only had like 7 corruptors but he took down 4 colossus. He also had a few hydras and lots of zerglings.

After that battle he broke out and basicaly went mass zergling / corruptor / broodlord. I was unable to build anything to counter this, i really dont know what the correct counter for this is. I had a great economy, but i just didnt know what to do, i went mass stalker/zealot/ hight templar with storm, but it didnt work at all.

Feelt like i got robbed of a win here, i clearly had everything going for me, but those broodlords and corruptors just ate anything i could throw at them. Is there really no counter for broodlord/corruptor/zerglings ?

Default Re: PvZ counter corruptor and broodlord?

Void rays-as you say he only had few hydras...,stalkers,sentries-force field...few zealots for a additional wall vs the lings...and i think psi storm with the measily 1.5 range is not worthed getting...put the money into attack ups or blink/charge for stalkers/zealots

You went the right path with Storm for sure. Did you build Archons with those Templar after?

WoL ID: Cthulhu.726
    HotS ID: Cthulhu.211

I don't think any ground army can defeat a properly supported brood lord force, you need mass air to deal with it, or a good flank but even then they do have alot of hp heh
    "No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other."
    Be sure to check out the best #$*&#$ video game show ever Epileptic Gaming and the lastest episode on youtube NOW IN HD
    - Oh its a egg I wonder whats inside! =)

Preferably you'd be hunting down the Brood Lords with Void Rays while chasing the Corruptors with Stalkers. But the Corruptors would be after your Rays and the Brood Lords would be after your Stalkers so we arrive at an inevitable clusterfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    Preferably you'd be hunting down the Brood Lords with Void Rays while chasing the Corruptors with Stalkers. But the Corruptors would be after your Rays and the Brood Lords would be after your Stalkers so we arrive at an inevitable clusterfuck.
    You forgot that void rays have advantage over the Corruptors,they are NOT massive,and corruptors on the other hand are armored,perfect to be taken down,ALSO void rays with flux vanes are VERY fast so you can dodge the focus fire untill you can charge those death rays,and splatter those squids...

I find your aggression towards squids... disturbing *force choke*

I think colosus should not be targetable by air units. This looks more like some kind of "lore" thing, than a balance thing. Its just so unfair. Such an expensive unit, and can be targeted by any single unit in the game. It can't fight back if he is attacked by air. And lets say it is not that good at running away... its so freakin slow...
    Waiting...

The damned will return...

Quote Originally Posted by KadajSouba View Post
    I think colosus should not be targetable by air units. This looks more like some kind of "lore" thing, than a balance thing. Its just so unfair. Such an expensive unit, and can be targeted by any single unit in the game.
    Well considering they are walking death machines with 9 range,i think it's pretty normal,for them to be targetable by AA

Quote Originally Posted by KadajSouba View Post
    I think colosus should not be targetable by air units. This looks more like some kind of "lore" thing, than a balance thing. Its just so unfair. Such an expensive unit, and can be targeted by any single unit in the game. It can't fight back if he is attacked by air. And lets say it is not that good at running away... its so freakin slow...
    Yes, because a 9 range unit with an AoE attack that can climb up and down cliffs is perfectly fair otherwise... -_-

If they couldn't be attacked by air, Zerg would have nothing short of Brood Lords for dealing with them properly.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!