Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gender Discrimination?

Default Gender Discrimination?

Found it in starcraftwire.net, here's the source.

http://starcraft.incgamers.com/blog/...t-too-serious/

The whole article is bullcrap, word.
    Find Humanity ... Assimilate ... Learn ... Evolve.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Gender Discrimination?

The buildings say a lot about what gender they are meant to parody. The Terran buildings are sharp and angular. They are built in a series of poles and walls, and constructed from the ground up, sharp, boxy, and rigidly unwavering.
    Once the drone sacrifices itself, it becomes a large, undulating womb-sac that pulses and grows until the building inside has finished incubating. It then bursts forth out of the womb as a once again undulating 'building'. But the Zerg buildings are neither angular, nor phallic, but explicitly gynic. All of the Zerg buildings ooze some sort of fluid from one of their many openings. Nearly all of their buildings have one to multiple openings, ranging from gaping circles, to small oozing slits, to rounded triangles that pulsate open and then closed slowly. Also, one of the Zerg's greatest strengths is a building known as a Nydus Canal. A Nydus Canal is a large, vaginal opening, that if a Zerg unit enters, it may emerge at the other end, in a manner that "greatly puzzles most Terran scientists." (This quote is too much to not mock: What? Men cannot understand the vagina: the

Well, i think that relating the Terrans and Protoss to "male" and the Zerg to "female" is looking to deep into something to see what you want to see. That said, lots of players are happy by playing Zerg, so what's does that mean?
    Agreed, all women in the game are semi-naked and hot as hell, but as there are mostly men behind the game development, you know, men tend to like seeing semi?-naked women that are as hot as hell.
    Now, tell me that woman don't feel the same. That they don't like better to see some semi-naked handsome actor from hollywood than their ugly neightbour.
    This fact has nothing to do with people thinking their only function is sex. Sorry if it looks like that.
    The effect of hot woman into our male minds is as heavy as unavoidable (well, for most males, anyways ). Blame mother nature about it.
    There's some game built by mostly women? How are they like?

Once the drone sacrifices itself, it becomes a large, undulating womb-sac that pulses and grows until the building inside has finished incubating. It then bursts forth out of the womb as a once again undulating 'building'. But the Zerg buildings are neither angular, nor phallic, but explicitly gynic.
    Yeah! Specially the Greater Spire .
    No Shit! The buildings have openings!? Them must be giant vagina!! Oh, but look the Factories have openings too! Wait... can it be that they have openings so that the units can get out of there? ... mmmm....
    Last edited by Norfindel; 06-01-2009 at 10:27 PM.

I don't get it. If the Zerg represent females (as the writer of the article argues), then it would be a positive thing since Zerg are basically the rulers of the universe right now. Not to mention their leader, a woman, is the most powerful being yet known.

And who says the Zerg nurture their young? Defilers consume Zerglings last time I checked. Infested Terrans and Scourge are made to suicide, so I'd say Zerg definitely don't nurture anything whatsoever.

As for Terrans and Protoss being associated with males... Is the writer of the article implying that women cannot build sharp and angular buildings, or have a productive economy? Sure, both races have male leaders, but most countries in the world have male leaders. It's staying a bit close to reality, not making males all-powerful and dominant.

In other words... The article just seems to be something to read when you're bored. Can't really be taken seriously.

This is the best comedy article I've read in a long time, thanks!
    Arcturus Mengsk did nothing wrong. Tarsonis is just a conspiracy theory.

How embarassing... I tink someone needs to watch some real SC vods...
    **My Deviant Art**

Welcome to my world.

Bad articles on IncGamers? PERSONALLY I NEVER SAW IT COMING.

Also, Kerrigan naturally evolves chitin heels and they think that undulating womb sacs are the biggest problem?

Here we mother fucking go again. Kill her please.

Anyone can come up with mother fucking crap like this made of assumptions and unrelated things.

I think Gradius said it best when he said

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

I find it hilarious, in that someone was so fed up with whatever it was in her life that she took it out on a video game that's 11 YEARS OLD! Hell if you try hard enough and long enough (that's what she said, and yes I know it's neither the time or the place) you can find sexual discrimination in anything.

And let's be honest - there are 3 races in this game, so you can't just assign male and female to races because it fits your particular theory. This makes me think she just decided either Terran or Protoss would be "male" for no other reason than she chose them to represent it.

Let's not forgot the fact that SC is unique for an RTS for the pure and simple fact that it features 3 distinct races that are PERFECTLY BALANCED. Male, female, or asexual, all are in harmony in the end. Shouldn't that be the ultimate message?
    You represent what is greatest in us all, and all our hopes go with you. EN TARO ADUN, brave Sons of Aiur!