Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SC2 Retail Digital Download

Default SC2 Retail Digital Download

Does anyone know when Starcraft 2 gos retail if Blizzard will be allowing digital downloading and instilation? I apologize for posting it on these forums but the thought came to mind and while at work I can't exactly cruise blizzard sites easily.

Default Re: SC2 Retail Digital Download

I'm fairly certain it will be. I'll still wait in line on the Champs Elysées for the midnight sale though. I haven't been a geek in years, but for SC2 it's worth it

Can't wait to get the box, and I hope they don't cheap-up like they did with WoW.

Expect download to be slow though, since it'll go through the blizzard downloader.

Ya I'm just in the middle east at the moment for work and it would be hard to get one on hand in person and would rather not wait for the mail to get here.

I'm sure it will be available on day one. I plan on grabbing the special/limited edition so I'll have to get the physical product.

I forgot about that! Blah, maybe I will get two copies and hand one off to a buddy? Digital one then keep the perks off the collectors box. Correct me if I'm wrong but the WoW accounts in your battle.net account don't distinguish between a collectors edition and a non so. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy View Post
    I'm fairly certain it will be. I'll still wait in line on the Champs Elysées for the midnight sale though. I haven't been a geek in years, but for SC2 it's worth it

Can't wait to get the box, and I hope they don't cheap-up like they did with WoW.

Expect download to be slow though, since it'll go through the blizzard downloader.
    The Blizzard downloader is a p2p application. Basically, the more the people downloading it, the faster it gets, which is good news for SC2

infernal's Avatar Junior Member

im gonna go and get the collectors edition too blizzard games must be up on the shelf.

i also belive u can just download the hole game at launch day it has gotten rather normal now hasent it? and blizzard surely got the computer power to do it

and i think the battle,net account page will show that u got collectors edition.

Beacuse now on starcraft 1 u can see if you got vanilla starcraft, starcraft anthology from the old battlechest or starcraft pluss the seperate brood war exspansion.
    The INFERNALelf is coming for ya

no prisoners will be taken.

char code 330

get your own starcraft 2 signature at sc2sig.com

I guess time will tell.

Maul's Avatar Member

I'm somewhat torn between getting the collectors edition (which I never buy) at midnight or using digital download as I prefer this method for the convenience, no waste of physical produce and if I format I can usually download in a few minutes.

I think I will get the collectors edition at midnight though. It makes the experience better imo
    I really need to change this...
    Check out my maps: Maul's Spirial Turret Defense and Maul's Risk: Bel'shir

Alex's Avatar Junior Member

Maul, I believe that after you'll buy a physical copy, you can register it's serial on Battle.net, and afterwards download the game directly from your account.

I'll buy a physical copy, hopefully the collector's edition. I just like having a real box of the game, with a printed manual etc.
    Last edited by Alex; 04-07-2010 at 02:40 PM.