Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: There's a comic about SC ghosts but you know what'll make a good story line?

Default Re: There's a comic about SC ghosts but you know what'll make a good story line?

Quote Originally Posted by l33telboi View Post
    You're right that any good story needs to focus around characters and story, not simply detail various battles and what happens in them. But then that's true for any war story, be the people in the focus infantry or airforce. You get character and plot with occasional battles littered here and there. As an example I could point to I, Mengsk which was very good at balancing between the two.
    I don't get it.

All the main characters we saw fighting were either marines or swordsmen. There were a few brief Wraith fighting scenes with (usually) unnamed pilots.

I’d name the novel: “Shadow of Xel’Naga does not exist.” And the name of the evil commander would of course be Gabriel.
    That'd to hysterical
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Default Re: There's a comic about SC ghosts but you know what'll make a good story line?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post
    I don't get it.

All the main characters we saw fighting were either marines or swordsmen. There were a few brief Wraith fighting scenes with (usually) unnamed pilots.
    I'm talking about balancing between character and plot moments in relation to combat scenes, and I, Mengsk has the pacing down pat. You get a few chapters dedicated to plot, then there's a battle (significant to the plot, of course, but a battle nonetheless), then there's another few chapters of plot and then we get another battle. And so on and so forth.

Whether the combat scenes depict space battles with wraiths or ground battles with marines doesn't matter. The pacing should still remain the same, just like the general structure of the story.

I guess I'm saying it matters to me. But then, maybe I just like infantry combat a lot more, and I'd rather see Wraith pilots than battlecruiser crew
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

because destruction of Wraiths are more likely that of Battlecruisers in combat

Quote Originally Posted by Blasterion View Post
    because destruction of Wraiths are more likely that of Battlecruisers in combat
    I think that's because it's more of a one person experience when talking about a wraith pilot, you can state and describe his actions without it getting too boring, a battlecruiser crew is more like the captain yelling orders and people following them.

I still would prefer different experiences form all the levels of an army.

If you're looking for a story about a Battlecruiser and its crew, just wait a few more months. Then, you'll not only get to experience but actually participate in the story about the crew of the Hyperion and its commander, Jim Raynor.

Personally, I think the Terrans have received their fair share of stories. I'm just waiting for the Protoss to get their turn. It'd be a good opportunity to expand on the technology and equipment they use that can't be shown in-game (much like how some Marines carry grenade launchers and side-arms). Moreover, I think it'd be kinda cool to transpose the typical military stereotypes to the Protoss. Imagine an elite squad of Protoss warriors under the leadership of a young, maverick Praetor who's supported by a wise and senior High Templar whose sage advice acts as a rock for the Praetor to lean on. There'd also be a geeky technician who gets to play around with the latest in Protoss gadgetry and is the only guy who actually knows how to operate the team's Sentry and Observers. Then, there's the squad's resident Immortal who seems to have taken to his new body with an unnervingly pyromanic glee. And of course, there'll also be a token Dark Templar who everyone distrusts and is unneasy around. After all, not only is he the mysterious new guy, there's a millenium-old prejudice against him to boot!

Obviously, the squad is horribly dysfunctional and much hillarity ensues.
    Last edited by mr. peasant; 04-02-2010 at 07:43 PM.

Then, there's the squad's resident Immortal who seems to have taken to his new body with an unnervingly pyromanic glee.
    O hai mr peasant's RPG rendition of Taldarin, I didn't see you there!

That really would be a good comic. I'd spend money on it. :P
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

MASH in space? Awesome!

Sarov's Avatar The Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by mr. peasant View Post
    And of course, there'll also be a token Dark Templar who everyone distrusts and is unneasy around. After all, not only is he the mysterious new guy, there's a millenium-old prejudice against him to boot!
    You know what that sounds like to me?

Quote Originally Posted by mr. peasant View Post
    And of course, there'll also be a token black guy who everyone dislikes and is completely unneasy around. After all, not only is he the odd-coloured new guy, there's a several-hundred-years-old prejudice against him to boot!
    What? I couldn't help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarov View Post
    You know what that sounds like to me?

What? I couldn't help it.
    And that similarity was completely intentional. Hence, the giveaway word 'token'.