Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SC2 Questions

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Default SC2 Questions

Ask them. 2-3 days before this thread is closed.

Default Re: SC2 Questions

- Are you allowing muta-stacking, and if so can this unique mechanic be carried out with any other units?

- What is the teams stance on resource trading in multiplayer gamers?

- Mike Morhaime has recently stated the beta should commence in late Summer. Are we to assume the beta test will not begin anytime before mid-July?

- Can you please explain in detail how the Thor's new cannon ability works?

- Has any Protoss units or buildings been the recipient of an art improvement lately?

- Have you considered allowing a post-game lobby for users to discuss the last game, collectively watch replays, or immediately enter into a rematch? This is a feature which I feel would greatly enhance the battle.net experience.

- Have you considered allowing a post-game lobby for users to discuss the last game, collectively watch replays, or immediately enter into a rematch? This is a feature which I feel would greatly enhance the battle.net experience.
    This would be pretty cool when playing with regular friends.

Back with all gun's blazing.

- The last we heard, The Zerg's pre-Lair tech was somewhat in flux, with the Hydralisk being brought down to Tier 1 and made something more of a generalist unit. Have these units settled down well in their new roles, and what is the current state of Zerg Tier 1 (units, function, etc)?

- What was the thinking behind renaming the Swarm Guardian to Brood Lord? The current model looks very Guardian-esque, so the former name seems more appropriate.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C. S. Lewis

"You simply cannot design a mechanic today to mimic the behaviour of a 10-year old mechanic that you removed because nearly nobody would like them today." - Norfindel, on the Macro Mechanics

"We want to focus the player on making interesting choices and not just a bunch of different klicks." - Dustin Browder

StarCraft 2 Beta Blog

Couple of these are repeats I never got an answer to when I last asked them.

- When designing a new unit for its gameplay role (no aesthetics), how much is form and how much is function? That is to say, did a unit like the Viking arise more from a want of more transforming units for Terran, or more from a point to improve the Goliath's AA role and thus give it flight?

- What new technologies have you implemented to create SC2, like the inverse kinematics system? Do the departments at Blizzard frequently share new programs and technologies they create, letting something that was created for one game end up working in another, such as the Slow Time bubble that was dropped from the StarCraft 2 Mothership but is a prominent spell for the Diablo 3 Wizard?

- What are your ultimate goals for the Infestor? It seems a shame that powerful skills which would get more useful with increasing player skill, like Fungal Infestation, have been dropped for weaker but more accessible skills like the non-lethal Disease.

-current roll of the thor?

-which tile-sets are currently in sc2

-status of the raven "night hawk"

thats it others have already been asked

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blade View Post
    -current roll of the thor?

-which tile-sets are currently in sc2

-status of the raven "night hawk"

thats it others have already been asked
    1. Power GTA, spearhead, tank

2. Confirmed are 20 tile-sets: Ice, Ash, City, Shattered City, Installation, Space Platform, Desert, Twilight, Jungle, Badlands, Prison, Forest... and 7 more there's no information on, however we can hypothesize on Protoss Installation, Zerg Installation, and Tropical Beach.

3. The Raven MAY have a weak attack, and can currently build Auto-Turrets, a Defencive Drone which destroys incoming non-instant ranged attacks, and the Hunter Seeker Missiles.

- What are your ultimate goals for the Infestor? It seems a shame that powerful skills which would get more useful with increasing player skill, like Fungal Infestation, have been dropped for weaker but more accessible skills like the non-lethal Disease.
    Thumbs up for this question! I wanted to ask it myself, but you were faster.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

What are the current abilities on the spellcasting units? (As many as you feel like telling us.)

Do missile turrets have detection, or not?

Do phoenixes have a ground attack again? Do they still have Anti-Gravity?

Brood lords have more hit points than the swarm guardian did. Do they also do more damage?
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

While Zerg and Terrain units have felt a large improvement in art assets, have the Protoss garnered similar work? I'm speaking espeically of the Carrier (Tempest reskin), Void ray (Warpray reskin) Mothership and Phoenix (both of which has had the same model since WWI07)

That's my only question.