Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: The Protoss Players Thread

Default Re: The Protoss Players Thread

PvT2 on shakuras:
    -Opener seemed ok until I saw your first two units were zealots and you were on two gas. You ended up with too much gas. You didn't have anything to use it up early game.
    -Massive overcompensation for supply blocks. You were at like 46/90.
    -Improve your macro. If you watch your production facilities there's tons of time where they're not making anything or warping anything in. Go watch Day[9]'s Daily about reprioritising.
    -You got to pretty much twice your opponent's supply. Good job. If you get better with macro you'll do that faster.
    -Proxy pylons before the battle for reinforcements.
    -Keep an eye on your colossi. They were attacking a ghost academy instead of the opponent's units. For most of the battle the colossi were attacking buildings instead of units.
    -You wandered your warp prism right into range of a turret. If you want to use it for reinforcement just put it into phase mode behind your army.
    -If you wanna just focus completely on the battle and abandon macro then by god micro like a gosu. You definitely weren't macroing much. I can tell from the production tab.
    -Constantly keep at least one guardian shield up. Also guardian shields don't stack. No point having 4 of them covering the same area.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/263528/1/JHammer/

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

If you're making an account just to PM me.....don't waste your time.

Yeah, I need to hotkey my individual units better like the Colossi so I can control them easier.

As for the MM replay, yeah, no clue why I uploaded that one.

Thanks for the feedback.
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Clawfang View Post
    Yeah, I need to hotkey my individual units better like the Colossi so I can control them easier.

As for the MM replay, yeah, no clue why I uploaded that one.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Oh ya I just remembered a cutesy waypoint trick you can do on your scouting probe if you don't have the mechanics to keep an eye on it. You can use patrol and make a closed circle. The final point of the patrol is on the first point you ask the probe to patrol from. Then it'll continuously move in a circle. Try it out.

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

Thanks for that, I'd just been Shift-clicking them

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Ya. I don't really use much shift waypointing or patrolling for scouting probes. Even with my measly 60-70 average APM i try to manage my scouting personally.

One problem that arises from the "endless circle patrol" trick is that you sometimes forget to retreat the probe. Comes from thinking "herp derp don't need to worry about my scout worker. time to macro."

Im pretty sure shift-move comands casues your unit(s) to decelerate at each turn. this effectively means that slower or equal speed units like workers or zealots catches up at each turn, often resulting in your worker taking a hit. This makes the patrol-circle supperior to the lazy or multiask impaired (like myself); if the patrol avoid making too sharp turns it generally stays ahead of any attack-moved followers.

Quote Originally Posted by JackhammerIV View Post
    Ya. I don't really use much shift waypointing or patrolling for scouting probes. Even with my measly 60-70 average APM i try to manage my scouting personally.
    im similarly slow on paper, but i patrol my scouts plenty; its not worth risking missing early macro-timing crispnes over babysitting the scout.

One problem that arises from the "endless circle patrol" trick is that you sometimes forget to retreat the probe. Comes from thinking "herp derp don't need to worry about my scout worker. time to macro."
    indeed this happens to me a lot.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

How do I deal with Ultralisks?

Hidden Content:

Hidden Content:

How do I deal with Ultralisks?
    Depends on the situation the ultras come. If you scout the ultralisk cavern early and can prep for it then zealots/immortals/void rays are the way to go. Up to you which combination if at all you want to deal with it. Some people like just double robo pump immortals but not bother much with many zealots. Others just go mass zealots. Basically pick 1-2 of those units you like and pump them when you scout/anticipate ultras coming. Don't go for all of them at once unless you have tons of resources, bases and production facilities. DTs are kind of ok against ultras. They're amazing if zerg has no detection and you're like "LOL. DT wall. Can't touch me."

If it's kind of a surprise then use positioning. Remember that ultras are melee attackers and they're kinda big. Just position your army in a nice place where the ultras can't hit much. Example being blink stalkers against a cliff then blinking up/down the cliff to avoid the ultras killing them. Then if possible while that is occuring and you're microing in the battle get up the production for the units you need to deal with the ultras.

Ultras are mianly dangerous when tehy are propeprly supported with lign+infestor and are able to pin a stalker/sentry/colossi-heavy composition and mow it down with the sick splash-to-armored damage...

.. since youre probably not up vs ONLY ultralisks, i'd just make any and all other units other than stalker/colossi when scouting ultralisks. that said, your main damge dealers to pickt ehmoff are obviously immortals or voidrays (typically immortals are easier to get and dish out mroe damge at this point since tehy attack upps are further along)

... somethign worth noting is you'll be making imortals out of your robo's and will hence be unable to reproduce colossi for splash damage.. if needed (if enough colossi dies) you should alliviate that with HT/Archon. Archons are quite good vs ultras; they arnt armored so they dont take extra damage from them, they also wont suffer as badly from the spas as zealots might, and with teh range they combine well with zealots...

.. if yoususpect the eemy will mix in Broodlords and shit, you best go for voidrays asap isntead. it beats all teh zerg shit outright, just tread carefully around infestors.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

Yeah, my opponent has Zerglings, infestors, Ultralisks, Brood Lords and Corrupters to my Zealot-Stalker-Immortal-Sentry-Colossi ball. Even if I'd gone Rays he'd have been able to snipe them with the Corrupters. I think he may have had Hydras mixed in too.

Hidden Content:

Hidden Content: