Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Protoss Players Thread

Default Re: The Protoss Players Thread

Quote Originally Posted by protoswarrior View Post
    TRD, (hey man ) don't you find 13 gate a lil late esp in PvZ? Isn't 12 gate better in that you can get the zealot out faster?
    I havent really had an issue with ling rushes so far, most seem to tech up a bit. You can also CB the gate if you scout a ling rush and get a zeal + probe (or if hes a bit late 2-3 zeals) on your ramp to block it so he cant surround. So I like getting a stronger eco earlier, since you seem to really need a good eco with all of the swaps that a zerg can do.

The only rush I have lost to was a rine rush, but that was like my 3rd game in and I think I have improved a bit since then.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Any lategame advice for PvT? The toss have been seriously nerfed since I last played them, and it's hard to push back a bio/mech army.

Also, does the PvP early game consist of just launching zealots at one another? Because I died to that like 4 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    Any lategame advice for PvT? The toss have been seriously nerfed since I last played them, and it's hard to push back a bio/mech army.

Also, does the PvP early game consist of just launching zealots at one another? Because I died to that like 4 times.
    By late game(i mean 25-30minutes) It's actually easy to get both Robo facility units(immortals+collosi) + Templar archives for psi-storm,And you can either go mass stalkers with blink or combined army of stalker/zealot/sentry/HT/immortals/collosi , personally i like the latter more...Although that is a true late game army...

Zexi's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post

What i've seen work in PvP is gettig eaither storkers (speciely after the dmg change) or senteris (or how its spelled) with your zelots, just to get some more dps behind your units...
    or (sorry to say this) get more micro in: get your low heath units out of the fight and so on; (and as i haven't seen your play, kinda hard to see what you can improve)

How do you guys suggest dealing with reaper rush's on a proxy racks. Seems pretty cheese. Zealots can't catch em, and they destroy your economy by the time you can get a stalker up.

If it's proxy rax, scouting is your friend. You see something suspicious (like 1 rax in main and very lil buildings), expect cheese. The best counter to reapers are a couple of stalkers and a sentry or 2.

Usually you open with 13 gate, 14-15 gas then go for cyber-core (right?). During that time, you are scouting. Always prep for the worst case - reapers are sometimes a pain if you're not prepped for it. Having 1 zealot out and 1 sentry out early can allow you to stall for a stalker to come out while you run probes and have the sentry chase the reapers - if he attacks with them at that point which is usually 2-3 of em. 1 zealot + 1 sentry can easily deal with them, or delay them enough to allow a stalker out.

REMEMBER:

The fact that the Terran CHEESED and went REAPERS, puts you in the advantage in tech if he cannot touch your econ. And stalkers with that 1 sentry gives you that. For any tech build you do as Protoss (I find), you need at least 1 sentry to FF ur ramp, even vs lings.

And, always research Warp gates as soon as your core is done. AND SCOUT LIKE A MADMAN!!

The problem with that is, they can get reapers to your base long long before you can get stalkers up. Specially if the racks is proxied. By the time you get a few stalkers or a sentry up, they have already destroyed your economy, or stalled your tech.

If you notice that hes doing a proxy rax stop using CB on your nexus and use it on your gateway(s) to pump out whatever units you can, ranged is obviously preferred as you should have a core down by this point.

I do the 9 pylon and change my strategy depending upon after scouting with the probe that put the 9th pylon down. I than do Zealot rush, Stalker+Immortal+Colossi, and other such things. I haven't felt the need to go air unless enemy goes air.

I find myself getting a little air against zerg purely to deter him from getting muta. Its also not too bad to overlord harass (though maybe I should start killing a few workers)