Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: The Protoss Players Thread

Default Re: The Protoss Players Thread

PvT (Push) on Antiga Shipyard....
    -Always remember using hotkeys. You could just look at the probe tell it to move somewhere further away and quickly use the nexus hotkey to make probes. You were a bit late doing this.
    -Really nice work with the probe. Sad you lost it but it did a good job.
    -Like you said some problems with supply blocks.
    -Really nice work expanding and preparing to pressure the terran. You could start that expansion sooner just when you reach 400minerals.
    -When terran came down the ramp you could do a better job microing back stalkers. You could have saved two stalkers from dying.
    -Really nice moving. Retreating back to collect warped in reinforcements before continuing.
    -But one thing to improve is remembering to hotkey the second nexus while it's building so you can keep staring at the battle but make two probes at once. The kind of move you made isn't to kill him but just kill some units and pressure him while you expanded.
    -Nice stutter step micro with those stalkers.
    -Good job overall with the probe harass and the attacks. Important to remember though the use of forcefields. If you had one more FF you could have cut his army in half when it tried to go down the ramp. If you had another one later on you could have FF his SCVs trapping them below the ramp for your stalkers to kill while his marines can't do anything.
    -Also think about the pylon placement. You put it so you retreat right then up. If your pylon was behind the mineral line at the natural then you keep a nice arc to attack him if he runs down the ramp while you retreat. Like when he ran down with marines and a tank he could make a nice line to face you. If you put the pylon behind the mineral line the attack would happen at the bottom of the ramp and so he'd have a lot more units sitting at the back unable to attack.
    -Overall the terran was doing a very bad version of the 1-1-1. He didn't do it anywhere near perfect which says a lot for his skill considering it's an easy build for terran to do. At least he's smart enough to make a bunker.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/263528/1/JHammer/

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

If you're making an account just to PM me.....don't waste your time.

olegavi's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by protoswarrior View Post
    TRD, (hey man ) don't you find 13 gate a lil late esp in PvZ? Isn't 12 gate better in that you can get the zealot out faster?
    12 gate is standerd. 13 gate is ok if you want that extra probe for extra minerals and if you confident enough in your micro. Personally i don't suggest going for the 13 gate vs zerg cuz of zergling rush. Most of the zerg players will send 2-4 zerglings to your base at the beginning of the game, and if your are not walled off then you're in trouble.
    Last edited by olegavi; 10-30-2011 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by olegavi View Post
    12 gate is standerd. 13 gate is ok if you want that extra probe for extra minerals and if you confident enough in your micro. Personally i don't suggest going for the 13 gate vs zerg cuz of zergling rush. Most of the zerg players will send 2-4 zerglings to your base at the beginning of the game, and if your are not walled off then you're in trouble.
    Well actually PvP you should go for the 12 gate since everything is on a razor's edge in that matchup early game. PvT and PvZ it's perfectly fine to go for 13 gate. You have a chrono saved up anyways and in those matchups it's a bit more forgiving in the early game. The only reason you'd want a 12 gate in those matchups is you want a thin timing where a few seconds count for your warp gate research completion, i.e. 4 gate.

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

Quote Originally Posted by olegavi View Post
    This is bullshit.

13 gate/scout is standard, because it will let you have constant probe production, while also CB'ing after the pylon and gate finishes.
    Also, if you're playing PvZ, you will have a gate+core+zealot finished by the time the first pair of zerglings arrive. That is, if the zerg did a standard build.

Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you.

I go for a 14 gate, always. I don't think it will matter much.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilice View Post
    I go for a 14 gate, always. I don't think it will matter much.
    It can be vital, when trying to achieve some kind of 1 base timing ( 4 gate ;D ) as Jhammer mentioned above

14 gate is pretty much only needed, if you pylon scout ( at 9 ), and want constant probe production.

Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you.

Just a note to you Jackhammer, that Platinum stuff won't last, I'll be in Gold again come next weekend. Keep losing, mostly to shit I don't know how to deal with because I've nevr experienced it before.

I see Zerg going early expo, I see no Roach Warren, think "he's expoed early, one gas, he won't have many roaches, let's send some stalkers over". Nope, he has ling speed, I'm crushed.

Protoss, two gate lot rush, I lose several probes and pylons but hold him off. I see from the probe I had in his base he only just began gas when the rush failed, think "okay I've got six or seven stalkers, he invested a lot in that rush. Let's expand and strengthen the eco, he'll either fall back to a standard build or try to send more lots, which I can micro". A few minutes later, a dozen stalkers down my throat with lot backup.

Terran, tech to Banshee, but when I try to attack he's got a dozen marines and a tank guarding his base, I'm crushed, expo to try and get an economic advantage and build up my army, still crushed.

So yeah, I moved up a league and discovered I suck. To quote the Matrix, "disappointing, but not unexpected".
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Replay. I try to keep building stuff, I keep my upgrades pumping, I expand well, I hold off early marauder push (mostly because opponent was dumb enough to run them by the cliff, hello stalkers), and in anticipation of such when I saw two rax and a tech leb, I went for early tc to get charge. Also in my final push, since I had such a mass of stalkers and immortals, I staggered them. Shoot, move closer, shoot, move, etc.

Only problem is once again I kept supply blocking myself. GR!

Also, that sensor tower that lets him see half my base - uber cheese.

EDIT - Though watching it, wow, he sucked. His army was pathetically small, I expected to run into a MM ball with tanks, instead I found a MM dust bunny with tanks. I should and could have pushed out sooner.
    Last edited by Drake Clawfang; 10-30-2011 at 10:10 PM.

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Clawfang View Post
    Just a note to you Jackhammer, that Platinum stuff won't last, I'll be in Gold again come next weekend. Keep losing, mostly to shit I don't know how to deal with because I've nevr experienced it before.

I see Zerg going early expo, I see no Roach Warren, think "he's expoed early, one gas, he won't have many roaches, let's send some stalkers over". Nope, he has ling speed, I'm crushed.

Protoss, two gate lot rush, I lose several probes and pylons but hold him off. I see from the probe I had in his base he only just began gas when the rush failed, think "okay I've got six or seven stalkers, he invested a lot in that rush. Let's expand and strengthen the eco, he'll either fall back to a standard build or try to send more lots, which I can micro". A few minutes later, a dozen stalkers down my throat with lot backup.

Terran, tech to Banshee, but when I try to attack he's got a dozen marines and a tank guarding his base, I'm crushed, expo to try and get an economic advantage and build up my army, still crushed.

So yeah, I moved up a league and discovered I suck. To quote the Matrix, "disappointing, but not unexpected".
    The Terran sounds like he's doing 1-1-1 to you. That shit is scary and super noob friendly for Terran to do.

Protoss....depends how much damage he did and who is left behind in warpgate tech. Sounds like he just did 2 gate zealot rush then a late 4warpgate.

Zerg.....expo early but still having ling speed. So meaning you didn't really check the gas timing. If he went pool hatch or hatch pool then ling speed is way way late finishing and you should be able to pressure him with 3 stalkers and him still not having ling speed. Personally I go for zealot+stalker since it attacks earlier.

Well it's good to realise you suck. Everyone sucks. As Artosis says everyone is horrible. MVP is the least horrible of all and might be close to being really good sometimes. Just keep playing and keep trying to improve and eventually you'll just get better.

Quote Originally Posted by JackhammerIV View Post
    The Terran sounds like he's doing 1-1-1 to you. That shit is scary and super noob friendly for Terran to do.
    Yeah, I was at a loss for what to do. I got obs out in time to chase off the Banshees, but should have gone for Photon Cannons sooner than I did. Especially since it was on Metalopolis and thus the Banshees just flew up and down the cliff at my natural leaving stalkers to run after them. How do I handle this build then?

Protoss....depends how much damage he did and who is left behind in warpgate tech. Sounds like he just did 2 gate zealot rush then a late 4warpgate.
    Yeah. An unexpected error on my part turned out to help a lot, a Stalker got pinned between my buildings the cliff, so he had to whittle down a pylon to get to it while it provided support fire safely. I also didn't build back-up pylons so all three gateways and my core went unpowered for several seconds, and of course i was supply blocked after.

Zerg.....expo early but still having ling speed. So meaning you didn't really check the gas timing. If he went pool hatch or hatch pool then ling speed is way way late finishing and you should be able to pressure him with 3 stalkers and him still not having ling speed. Personally I go for zealot+stalker since it attacks earlier.
    Check.

Well it's good to realise you suck. Everyone sucks. As Artosis says everyone is horrible. MVP is the least horrible of all and might be close to being really good sometimes. Just keep playing and keep trying to improve and eventually you'll just get better.
    I've watched some of MVP's matches on HDStarcraft's channel. The dude is the definition of "Crazy Enough To Work".
    Last edited by Drake Clawfang; 10-30-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Hidden Content:

Hidden Content: