Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Terran players thread

Default Re: The Terran players thread

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    Can you make me a build order for the fast hellion harass opening?
    I'm not really familiar with all the timings and variations of this build, but one which I like is:

10 Supply Depot (at choke)
    11 Rax (at choke)
    13 Gas
    15 Orbital Command
    15 Marine
    16 Marine
    17 Factory (as soon as you get your first 100 gas)
    18 Supply Depot (finish your wall-in)
    Keep making SCVs
    As soon as you get 50 gas, build a Reactor for your Rax, making sure that your wall is still a wall.
    As soon as the Factory is done, switch it with the Barracks, make 4 Hellions, and gogogo!

This build is used to punish Zerg for fast-expanding, as you should have a window to inflict some damage before they get Roaches. From here, you can do whatever you want. I think that a lot of Terran players enjoy transitioning into Banshees, since the Zerg player would get Roaches to counter your Hellions.

*Shakes fist at this build because he dislikes losing to it*

Quote Originally Posted by GRUNT View Post
    I'm not really familiar with all the timings and variations of this build, but one which I like is:

10 Supply Depot (at choke)
    11 Rax (at choke)
    13 Gas
    15 Orbital Command
    15 Marine
    16 Marine
    17 Factory (as soon as you get your first 100 gas)
    18 Supply Depot (finish your wall-in)
    Keep making SCVs
    As soon as you get 50 gas, build a Reactor for your Rax, making sure that your wall is still a wall.
    As soon as the Factory is done, switch it with the Barracks, make 4 Hellions, and gogogo!

This build is used to punish Zerg for fast-expanding, as you should have a window to inflict some damage before they get Roaches. From here, you can do whatever you want. I think that a lot of Terran players enjoy transitioning into Banshees, since the Zerg player would get Roaches to counter your Hellions.

*Shakes fist at this build because he dislikes losing to it*
    hmmm sounds good I'll have to try it out tonight.

Interesting reading SWB.

Here's a BO that I came up with for Terran.
    Its not infallable, but it works well for me as a slightly defensive player.
    The tech to reapers also allows me to harass zealots/lings to death and quickly kill buildings if needed.

This replay was done versus AI, and I didnt attack/provoke on purpose - so you could see the build.

Feedback welcome

Note: The bunker is salved after the first wave is defended - providing more resources for attacking

EDIT: You can choose a Rax+Reactor rather than Tech lab , if you want to go marine heavy, and use the gas for Stim/shield/Infantry Upgrade/etc instead. In that case you probably dont need the 2nd refinery as soon, but its still good to get for the later tech. I found this BO to be a good starting build for rapid tech and expansion

Members reported that the replay was not viewable, as such, a revised reply is posted here: http://sclegacy.com/forums/showpost....7&postcount=33 .
    Last edited by Iceman_jkh; 03-25-2010 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    So what do you do against roaches?
    I make Marauders, the unit that destroys Roaches utterly, rather than Hellions, the unit that does no bonus damage against Roaches and also are extremely fragile and created almost exclusively for a harassment role??

I should point out that some Zerg players might be cute and try going for Hydra/Ling. It's pretty effective since you only need to worry about gas for Hydras, but Hellions will utterly destroy this unit composition :].

I think its better to make a tech lab and float it, starting the upgrade while a second factory is making (which will be the reactor, and then harass with 4-6 and keep rallying.

This build has been used on me by TeamEG and it seems very effective vs zerg fast expo, and on maps with big ramps.

To transition out of this build I would recommend making a ebay and start +1 ranged, while making a extra rax ( and adding a tech lab to one and and making marines out of both) and when the harras is over lift the reactor off and land the un added on rax into the slot. THEN start a starport while expanding, add another reactor onto the factory. and when your startport is done lift factory, and land startport and scan the zerg, if you see a spire make 2 vikings - if not make 2 medivacs and start marine shield upgrade(and work on stim after).

Keep scanning the zerg with every other 50 energy, and if at any time you see a spire build turrets behind your minerals and 1 between your rax and other buildings and pump vikings and marines (no marauders) and if you see standard hydra ling, add a tech lab onto your second factory(again) and beghin making double tanks while pumping the occasional medvacs with constant MnM production. Take your third base (islandbase if possible and try to prevent the zerg from getting a third, and with annoying tank placement win the game!

o.0 Off the top of my head but its certinaly MY plan for using this build.
    "No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other."
    Be sure to check out the best #$*&#$ video game show ever Epileptic Gaming and the lastest episode on youtube NOW IN HD
    - Oh its a egg I wonder whats inside! =)

Actually, Islandsnake, while what you say sounds good, I actually just discovered that getting 2 more Barracks with tech labs (including your starting rax, that's 3 rax with tech labs) and just churning out Marauders is an excellent follow-up to a Hellion opening.

If you keep building Hellions alongside your Marauders, you should do really well against the Zerg. They won't get a chance to get Mutalisks, and Marauders > Roaches, and Hellions > Zerglings, so you're covered.

The best part is how aggressive this build is. You don't need to expand - you can pump all this out of one base because you'll eventually be fully saturated BUT you'll have MULEs. You may burn through your minerals in your main really fast, but your army should be too powerful for the Zerg to stop if they fast-expanded. Once you have inflicted terrible damage, then you can take a break from the troop-production and expand if the game isn't over already .

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman_jkh View Post
    Interesting reading SWB.

Here's a BO that I came up with for Terran.
    Its not infallable, but it works well for me as a slightly defensive player.
    The tech to reapers also allows me to harass zealots/lings to death and quickly kill buildings if needed.

This replay was done versus AI, and I didnt attack/provoke on purpose - so you could see the build.

Feedback welcome

Note: The bunker is salved after the first wave is defended - providing more resources for attacking

EDIT: You can choose a Rax+Reactor rather than Tech lab , if you want to go marine heavy, and use the gas for Stim/shield/Infantry Upgrade/etc instead. In that case you probably dont need the 2nd refinery as soon, but its still good to get for the later tech. I found this BO to be a good starting build for rapid tech and expansion

ps. Yes, I messed up at 8m:00s mark. I forgot to build a supply depot.
    For some reasons when I open the replay it say "enable to load map" and the whole UI disappear 0.o

I added the transitions you guys suggested.

. I'll take a look at it tonight, and try sort it out.
    Worst case.. I'll redo it.

I'll try provide a tightly timed version tonight.
    Last edited by Iceman_jkh; 03-22-2010 at 03:02 PM.

Roaches aren't exacly owned by marauders...They simply deal bonus damage,but the ridiclious cost of the roach 75/25/1 turns the battle for the zerg any time...Plus by the time he gets medivacs you get infestors,So currently the way to defeat roaches is to flee from major battles in the open and wait for enough M&M&M and couple of ravens with seekers...