Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who wants to be a pro?

Default Who wants to be a pro?

With sc2 coming "soon", who here decided to go back in BroodWar a little bit and train so that when sc2 comes out, they'll have more chances to enter the league?

I started training again a little bit. My APM dropped to 180 but meh it's gonna go up again for sure

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default Re: Who wants to be a pro?

Pft, my average apm is only 130-140. But I still play on a regular basis, usually 2v2.

C- in iCCup though (in 2v2).

I've actually never checked my APM before. I downloaded BWCHarts and checked some of my recent replays. I've got an average of 100+ (usually around 120), with in-game peaks over 240, and some over 300.

I don't know, I'm proud of that considering how casually I've played the game.

I'm with Ed. I've never checked my APM, but I've always been a more casual player. But yes, I am getting back to Brood War to refresh my skills. As it is, I'll already have a head start with the beta, but I'm not so hardcore that I won't be passed up eventually when the game gets released. However, I have a few friends that do LAN parties once in a while who managed to nab a beta key or two, so we might be able to get some extra helpful matches when the beta is released. Helpful in that we'll be able to give each other strategic advice during/after the matches.

Again, I’m casual, but I’ve been watching a lot of competitive matches lately and I’m starting to work on my rusty SC skills. :P With each match my APM rises and because of that its hard to make an average but last I checked it is an average somewhere between 120-200. I can’t actually play or practice for long because of an eye condition.

Back with all gun's blazing.

Wow, you guys could all easily kick my arse. Even in my prime, I only floated to a mere 90. I think I only touched 100 once.

Ya I considered myself a decent player, rated C- on Iccup and my APm averages about 90

I have no idea what my apm was/is
    I know ive gotten better but I'm still not too good
    MAGIKARP USE A SPLASH ATTACK!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I'm with Ed. I've never checked my APM, but I've always been a more casual player. But yes, I am getting back to Brood War to refresh my skills. As it is, I'll already have a head start with the beta, but I'm not so hardcore that I won't be passed up eventually when the game gets released. However, I have a few friends that do LAN parties once in a while who managed to nab a beta key or two, so we might be able to get some extra helpful matches when the beta is released. Helpful in that we'll be able to give each other strategic advice during/after the matches.
    For unknow reason I always thought you were gosu zero lol

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    For unknow reason I always thought you were gosu zero lol
    LOL, nope, just a casual Zero.