Thread: 2v2 Match Making?

Default 2v2 Match Making?

How does it work? What if one person is a platinum player and the other is in bronze? Do you have a ranking specifically for you and your teammate or just for how well you play as a team member?

Default Re: 2v2 Match Making?

Quote Originally Posted by moosh View Post
    How does it work? What if one person is a platinum player and the other is in bronze? Do you have a ranking specifically for you and your teammate or just for how well you play as a team member?
    Each 2v2 team gets its own rating. So you and me would have a different rating than me and someone else. You play 10 placement matches just like 1v1.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0x View Post
    Each 2v2 team gets its own rating. So you and me would have a different rating than me and someone else. You play 10 placement matches just like 1v1.
    Wow cool! If we're in different leagues, will it match us with a similar pair? For example, pro & noob vs pro & noob?

Quote Originally Posted by moosh View Post
    Wow cool! If we're in different leagues, will it match us with a similar pair? For example, pro & noob vs pro & noob?
    It just calculates your skill level as a team and matches you. 1v1 rankings have nothing to do with the 2v2 rankings.

I have seen people on streams doing 2v2 with a randomly selected partner... are those ranked?

Yeah 2v2 random team ladder!
    "No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other."
    Be sure to check out the best #$*&#$ video game show ever Epileptic Gaming and the lastest episode on youtube NOW IN HD
    - Oh its a egg I wonder whats inside! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Pick View Post
    I have seen people on streams doing 2v2 with a randomly selected partner... are those ranked?
    Yes those are ranked. I'm not sure how they calculate that. It might just be calculated like a 1v1 only you're matched with a partner of your skill level and opponents of your skill level.