View Poll Results: StarCraft 2 or 100 Million

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • StarCraft 2

6 12.00%
  • 100 Million Dollars

38 76.00%
  • This poll hurts too much. I have no idea.

6 12.00%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: StarCraft 2 or Wealth

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: StarCraft 2 or Wealth

Maverick - probably C. With a decent job I can recover 10000 no prob if I save up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Archon View Post
    Everyone says that they'll do this when they get that much money. I doubt they would. Money is corruptive. I would rather want to stay away from money.
    And yet there are many people who do. This is one of the reasons why so many people aren't wealthy, this idea that money will corrupt you. Have a little more respect for yourself. Money doesn't have to corrupt you; it can give you the opportunities to do more important things.

Quote Originally Posted by //MavericK\\ View Post
    I'm guessing an even better thread would have been to find out at what point is the money not good enough to stop someone from wanting to play the game.

Example:

What amount of money would convince you never to participate/play anything related to StarCraft II ever again. If you do, all the money/assets go poof.

A. $1,000

B. $10,000

C. $100,000

D. $1,000,000

E. $100,000,000

Feel free to answer.
    $1,000,000 for me. It's enough money to start/buy a company and make even more money!

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius
    And yet there are many people who do. This is one of the reasons why so many people aren't wealthy, this idea that money will corrupt you. Have a little more respect for yourself. Money doesn't have to corrupt you; it can give you the opportunities to do more important things.
    No thanks. After hearing what happened to some people who won the lottery, yeah, I don't want to get suddenly rich at all. If I want to get rich, I would want to work for it.

My StarCraft Hardcore Fan Pride made me take option #3 but I'll keep the money.

Yes money = power
    Yes power currupts weak people
    No, I will be the same guy
    but would the people around me do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Archon View Post
    No thanks. After hearing what happened to some people who won the lottery, yeah, I don't want to get suddenly rich at all. If I want to get rich, I would want to work for it.
    And what exactly happened to them?

Quote Originally Posted by ParticleBeam View Post
    And what exactly happened to them?
    Spent all of their money, almost lost their "new" house, and generally had their life ruined.

And that's because they were hanging out with the wrong crowd and had blood-sucking lawyers and gold-diggers at their throat?

Quote Originally Posted by ParticleBeam View Post
    And that's because they were hanging out with the wrong crowd and had blood-sucking lawyers and gold-diggers at their throat?
    Which usually comes with large loads of money that is gained in a small amount of time. That is why I don't want these riches. If I had it, it would kinda of defeat my rason detre, my reason for being. I have a goal in life, I do not want that usurped by anything.

Stupid question is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    Stupid question is stupid.
    Kinda of what I thought at first. Im not picking Starcraft 2 over the money because its that good. Im picking Starcraft 2 because I don 't want the money.