Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Koprulu Terrans

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Default Koprulu Terrans

You know, I admire the Koprulu Terrans. In every cinematic these guys are a bunch of lowly scum. Yet in 300 years they started a huge galactic empire. I'm reminded of the Amerigo cinematic where you see these elite soldiers stalking gangplanks, yet when the visor opens up it's this ugly stupid guy smoking a cigar in his helmet.

Also, I love that part of the SCG cinematic where that soldier yells "ZEEEEEEEEEEERG!!" :0

What do you guys like about the Terrans?

Default Re: Koprulu Terrans

The general feel of them, where simple prospectors carry around 20 megaton devices.

Favorite faction far more ingenious with technology than the protoss (they don't have magical crystals that do everything for them). you gotta admire their creativity and adaptability.

Not much. Too easily corrupted by power. That makes a lot of their people suffer needlessly for a few SOBs that are pulling the threads.

What i like about them, is that still immersed in all that shit, there are people doing good things, even if it's nearly-hopeless. People like Raynor.

I think the cinematics in StarCraft and Brood War were mostly featuring Terran on the backwater planets. Most people with any high ranking or power seem to have a southern gentleman feel to them like Mengsk, Duke etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0x View Post
    I think the cinematics in StarCraft and Brood War were mostly featuring Terran on the backwater planets. Most people with any high ranking or power seem to have a southern gentleman feel to them like Mengsk, Duke etc.
    Yup, they had the whole Gentry feel to them.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

I like the Terrans because they're nothing but badassery.

Their personalities are so widespread and different. There's competition between themselves which can be beneficial to technology advancement (Guild Wars anyone?), and the voice actors are just awesome (regarding SC1 that is... still waiting for the final version of SC2).

They're a tenacious lot. They represent the underdog. In ever way they are inferior to the great powers that wage war above them. Yet they strive for success and flourish in the desolate wastelands of their own making. They're homeworlds are ashambles. More than anyone, it has been the common folk -- the militia, the private armies -- that have fought and died in the war, not the significant governments. But when these governments rise and fall, everyone is forced to take notice.

This is what I like about the Koprulans. They are as much a force of nature as the Protoss and Zerg. The Protoss are graced with purity of Form, the Zerg Purity of Essence... and Humanity exemplifies "Get out the way, bitch!"
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

They're homeworlds are ashambles. More than anyone, it has been the common folk -- the militia, the private armies -- that have fought and died in the war, not the significant governments
    Really? I don't agree. If this is the case, then why would fringe worlds always ask for assistance? They seem to always need help, and certainly the Dominion has more power to fight the Zerg than Raynor does.

Up to this point, the Confederacy avoided all action against the zerg or protoss, and we have little proof the Dominion fought during the Brood Wars against alien powers; Mengsk was besieged by the UED. This whole time, the colonies and various other groups have taken the brunt of the damage.

So it has been during recent years too, apparently. With Kerrigan mobilizing, Mengsk has withdrawn from the outer colonies, letting them fend for themselves.

If this is the case, then why would fringe worlds always ask for assistance?
    Because people are always looking for free handouts from the government. Cheap bastards.

=P
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.