Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kerrigan why?

Default Re: Kerrigan why?

Could be. Too many maybes, and i don't know enough of genetics, anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post
    He was running his own brood. He'd hatched out of a cocoon. He would have been as infested as Kerrigan when she emerged out of her cocoon.
    I think it's still different. Stukov was simply re-animated and infested. In Kerrigan's case the proccess struck my as being more 'refined.' She was completely remade on a cellular level. Not only that but she's apparently continuing to 'evolve'. Any attempt to reverse the process now, even by means of a nanotech handwave would not make for good lore. I think Metzen even admitted on a past lore panel that Stukov's resurrection was more or less an ass-pull; one he'd expressed regret over

ragsash's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post

It's dead. What can it do now?
    I meant that the overmind remade her so much etc that he would prolly make her so the "zerg" in her cant be removed
    A Brat Walks Among Us!

Hapalm's Avatar Junior Member

We don't know what the Xel'naga will come up with or are even capable off doing, maby they even have left behind something so powerfull it can reverse the whole thing?

I watched a lore interview with Metzen were he said he was very pleased with the story ending, but offcorse couldn't go deeper into it. I think they are planning on something cool.

Just curious, why does everyone hate the idea of Kerrigan being human?

If I'm not mistaken , one of the final trailers for Wrath of the Lich King revealed a slight bit of vulnerability in Arthas just before he became a raid boss and after. I thought that was an interesting touch to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonx View Post
    Just curious, why does everyone hate the idea of Kerrigan being human?

If I'm not mistaken , one of the final trailers for Wrath of the Lich King revealed a slight bit of vulnerability in Arthas just before he became a raid boss and after. I thought that was an interesting touch to the story.
    Besides the different character and story, if they did this with Kerrigan they would have to de infest her and that would undo the importance of the infestation in the first place. In warcraft you can slip in ghosts and visions and stuff but that wouldn't fit in Starcraft.

Even if Kerrigan saves the universe or something like that, that doesn't mean she can't die.

I hope she dies, even if it is an "unjust" death or something.

Arthas did indeed have some vulnrability in his death. Even after all he's done, even after fully embracing his nature at the end of Rise of the Lich King, I found his death quite meaningful and that shard of remaining humanity not out of place.

Kerrigan however, if we're making comparisions to Warcraft, seems more akin to Sylvanas-regretful of what she is at first (see Queen of Blades) but coming to fully appreciate and accept what she is by at least the end of the Brood War. Unlike Arthas, she's pretty much made a full transition, so I think it would be awkward rather than appropriate for her to revert in mind and body. And considering that I assume the zerg will still be around over the course of Legacy of the Void, I doubt she'll be dying or reverting at the end of Heart of the Swarm.

I guess that all makes a bit more sense.

@Hawki I thought that ending scene with Arthas was pretty awesome :P

I'm very curious to see how this "Kerrigan Catalyst" thing plays out in the SC2 trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by phazonjunkie View Post
    I think it's still different. Stukov was simply re-animated and infested. In Kerrigan's case the proccess struck my as being more 'refined.' She was completely remade on a cellular level.
    The same thing happened to Stukov. Just because he's called "Infested Stukov" doesn't mean he had a little parasite in his brain. Kerrigan was also known as "Infested Kerrigan" in the game.

As for Kerrigan being de-infested, I'm far from against it. Everyone's jumped on the "redemptive villains are cliche" bandwagon, but when's the last time Blizzard actually did one?

It works. It just has to be done right.
    Last edited by pure.Wasted; 05-04-2010 at 08:32 PM.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7699/commun1.png