Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch #2 already!

Default Patch #2 already!

StarCraft II Beta - Patch 2 (version 0.4.0.14133), February 26, 2010.

Balance Changes

Terran

* Banshee
    o Cloak: This ability no longer requires Fusion Core to research.
    * Barracks
    o The build time for this building has decreased from 65 to 60.
    * Factory
    o The build time for this building has decreased from 65 to 60.
    * Reactor
    o The build time for this building has decreased from 40 to 25.
    * Reaper
    o The build time for this unit has increased from 30 to 40.
    o Nitro Boost: The build time for this upgrade has increased from 90 to 100.
    * Starport
    o The build time for this building has decreased from 55 to 50.
    * Tech Lab
    o The build time for this building has decreased from 30 to 25.

Protoss

* Mothership
    o The build time for this unit has increased from 120 to 160.
    o The food cost of this unit has increased from 6 to 8.
    o The number of shots fired by this unit has decreased from 8 to 6.
    o The shield of this unit has decreased from 400 to 350.
    o The health of this unit has decreased from 400 to 350.
    o The acceleration of this unit has decreased from 1.3125 to 0.3125.
    o The deceleration of this unit has increased from 0 to 1.
    * Nexus
    o Chrono Boost: The duration of this ability has decreased from 30 to 20.

Zerg

* Corruptor
    o The damage done by this unit has increased from 12 (+8 massive) to 12 (+10 massive).
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Default Re: Patch #2 already!

Really? Another one already... that's pretty fast. I don't know why people are complaining so much about the first patch anyways. Clearly, there are going to be many many more to come, so I'm sure anything people dislike about each patch will be fixed in due time. In fact, there already being a second patch only shows that Blizzard is working non-stop on this beta and will most likey resolve most major issues by the time game is released.

However, I hope the changes back to SC1 abilities is only a temporary filler to receive new data or something because they really shouldn't consider scrapping abunch of new abilities for old ones

Agreed. I wonder if the Battlecruiser's other armaments will make a return somewhere down the line? Perhaps once Yamato Cannon and basic cruisers have been ironed out?

Quote Originally Posted by mr. peasant View Post
    Agreed. I wonder if the Battlecruiser's other armaments will make a return somewhere down the line? Perhaps once Yamato Cannon and basic cruisers have been ironed out?
    Doubtful. The unit's good as it is right now; there's a lot more pressing problems that need to be dealt with.
    Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I want my name in bright yellow, to represent "Forum Douchebag."

Wow, and right when I was starting to lose interest in the Mothership from its altered abilities, they pull this. Mothership's just getting worse and worse...

EDIT: And they nerfed the Chrono Boost... Wonderful, this is just making me start to NOT want to play as Protoss, my favorite race. :|
    Last edited by Alzarath; 02-26-2010 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis186 View Post
    Wow, and right when I was starting to lose interest in the Mothership from its altered abilities, they pull this. Mothership's just getting worse and worse...

EDIT: And they nerfed the Chrono Boost... Wonderful, this is just making me start to NOT want to play as Protoss, my favorite race. :|
    Yeah, that was a brutal nerf, they should just scrap the unit if they really feel it must be this useless to be safe balance-wise....

Wow. they just did the exact OPPOSITE of what they should have done. Terrans are already way too versatile right now as it is, making the reactor and tech labs faster to build is only making that worse. Right now as Terran you can switch techs almost instantly and counter stuff quickly.

Am I the only one who thinks Terrans need less versatileness?
    Without a home. Without a people. Without mercy. The Arcani

Blizzard's Exact Mathematical Definition of Soon™: {soon|1 month<soon<∞}

Another?!

Quote Originally Posted by Zahar View Post
    Yeah, that was a brutal nerf, they should just scrap the unit if they really feel it must be this useless to be safe balance-wise....
    Hooray for fast patches! Hooray for the return of the arbiter and the downfall of the mothership!

They need to do SOMETHING to make up for the Protoss, they're not looking too good. They get utterly raped by Mutas as it is. The Mothership isn't even worth it to me anymore. We basically lost our massive damaging unit. The Colossus, let's face it, kinda sucks unless the enemy decide to go all tier 1 units.

I have realized something about Beta. While very fun, its also an extremely stressful time. Before we had to endure the torment of having no info and taking the developers scarce word on game change. With beta we have hands on input but still have to accept the designers final decision on how the game should be structured.

There are allot of things I think Blizzard could have put more polish/effort/creativity into. Macro in particular is one issue I felt could have been vastly improved but I am thankful for the progress that was made. Part of me still wonders what could have been had Blizzard pushed the envelope alittle bit more. I can understand the changes they are making as the easiest way to make the game "fit" and I am by no means calling Blizzard lazy...but part of me expected better from Blizzard.

My approach in light of this kind of disappointment/disagreement on so many issues is to not get too worked up over patch changes. Allot more uncomfortable changes will occur before beta is over and I really dont want my impression of SC2 to be tarnished before the game is even released.
    Last edited by ArcherofAiur; 02-27-2010 at 01:09 AM.