Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will we get to play as Xel'Naga... ever?

Default Re: Will we get to play as Xel'Naga... ever?

Maybe in single player, but i still doubt we would be able to play as the Xel'Naga. Unless the Xel'Naga are here to help, which seeing how everyone thinks they're here to destroy, is a very good possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfecttear View Post
    XElNaga concept:

That's a guy with armor and a mask. It even has 5 fingers.
    If someone designed that to be the Xel'Naga, he has the imagination of a piece of coal.
    Last edited by Norfindel; 05-24-2009 at 03:30 PM.

I figure the Xel'Naga to be playable as the dark templar were playable in SC. You get a handful at the beginning of each mission, and if you lose them... well, you are SOL. The hybrids I can't see being controllable in any way because the hybrids don't have that history and mythology behind them yet. It wouldn't make sense from a lore standpoint.

I like the idea of the hybrids and Xel'Naga showing up in the mini-campaigns and giving more history and whatnot. Should be a great storyline.

And yeah, UMS/map editor and single player is the only time we'll ever see them.
    You represent what is greatest in us all, and all our hopes go with you. EN TARO ADUN, brave Sons of Aiur!

Quote Originally Posted by mr. peasant View Post
    Greater numbers, the element of surprise and because there are more measure of 'superiority' than just military might.
    Maybe, but if they're giant energy creatures, you'd think they'd be able to escape.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Norfindel View Post
    That's a guy with armor and a mask. It even has 5 fingers.
    If someone designed that to be the Xel'Naga, he has the imagination of a piece of coal.
    No need to be rude, i think this is a great picture and the artist has put alot of work and effort into it.

Back to topic

I would really love if there would be a fourth part of sc2, and it would be the xelnaga campaign,and the end of the campaign there would be a cliffhanger, that would make you want SC3 even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfecttear View Post
    No need to be rude, i think this is a great picture and the artist has put alot of work and effort into it.

Back to topic

I would really love if there would be a fourth part of sc2, and it would be the xelnaga campaign,and the end of the campaign there would be a cliffhanger, that would make you want SC3 even more.
    if only we lived in a perfect world, perfecttear, if only...
    You represent what is greatest in us all, and all our hopes go with you. EN TARO ADUN, brave Sons of Aiur!

I figure we'll get them as either heroes (like DT/civilians/etc.) or critters, if we get them at all.

the Xel`Naga and the Hybrids interaction in game can go so many ways it's not really worth it to rack your brains over it

as far as the xel`naga from what i remember they were a race of scientists/researchers/explorers with limited military who were attacked by both the protoss (can't remember why they did) and the zerg they said some of the xel`naga managed to ecscape the zerg massacre the xel`naga were caught off gaurd but even if they hadn't they probably still wouldn't have been able to do much except raise their shields

so if the xel`naga do play any part in the game it's not gonna militaristic unless the xel`naga have undergone a racewide personality change i do know they had psionics though because they had a psionic link with the overmind which was severed by the overmind right before the attack

the hybrids it's hard to tell which way they'll go enemy ally or neutral It's the purity of protoss form meets the purity of zerg essence so i'm guessing something resembling a protoss but has the ability to constantly evolve through mutation becoming more and more powerful so like a protoss with zerg carapace and talons and so on

there's also the possibly of there being varieties of hybrids as well the ones where they're perfect and the flawed hybrids who would probly more like a zerg infested protoss and kerrigan could control them or something

as i said too many possibilities best not to fry your brain trying to think of what's coming
    Last edited by Phoenix_Haze; 05-24-2009 at 06:03 PM. Reason: i suck at typing

Xel'naga not likely, there's even the possibility that we wont even see them but rather a shadow. (duran, hybrids, etc)

I think of the Xel'naga as a reduced amount of entities with the "Xel'naga steriotype" the others live in a colosal planet with their army and multiple platforms and several artificial moons.

Then the cientific Xel'naga where killed by zerg, (infested them for knowledge and power) and protoss (the xel'naga told them they were leaving and came back to see the caos)

Its hard to imagine controling them even a renegate. (their pets are colosal energy entities that hatch out of temples and artifacts; Becken Roo)

Hybrids neither XD

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
    Maybe, but if they're giant energy creatures, you'd think they'd be able to escape.
    Not likely.

The Overmind assimilated many xel'naga into itself, it would be difficult to do so if the xel'naga were energy creatures.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

ya i don't see how you get DNA from an energy creature

blizzard needs to come out with a new book which contains all the lore, stories, origin stories and previous books all in one book it would make sorting all this stuff out much easier
    No longer a man but the creature that burned its way free