Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A battle report before the beta?

Default Re: A battle report before the beta?

Ok, I see... I was just wondering how about prostoss vs. zerg XD

Quote Originally Posted by Tanker View Post
    Ok, I see... I was just wondering how about prostoss vs. zerg XD
    I can wait for the beta to see this... because i dont want to see another zerg getting owned by a staker rush

I'd be curious to see a free for all match between Terran, Zerg and Protoss, but I guess that would take even longer than a normal Battle Report. Best bring on the beta, but then not many people will care about Battle Reports.
    - You've seen StarCraft: First Contact -

- Now, prepare for the Final Metamorphosis -

schnubor's Avatar Junior Member

Well, time is short and Browder told us how it works:

Here's how it works.

1) We find a good game. This may take hours or it may take a week or two. Depends on how lucky we get. We don't have thousands playing the game, just a few guys who are skilled enough, and they have other things they are doing, they aren't just playing 24/7.
    2) We schedule time to record the voice-over. This may take days or a week before we can get into the booth. Our sound guys are busy.
    3) We capture the game footage from a replay into a movie format. This takes a few hours. If any mistakes occur it takes longer. The guy who does this has another job of course, so he gets to it when he can.
    4) The footage gets compressed. The people who do that are busy. It takes them a short time to do, but it may be a day or two before they get to it.
    5) Once we have the footage, we go into the sound booth, we do the voice-over, then the voice gets edited and put back into the movie (a day or two).
    6) Then the translators get involved and we do the text summaries for our non-English-speaking fans. That takes a couple of days once they get to it.
    7) Then the web guys set everything up and it finally goes live.

So the whole thing takes a while. And in the middle of that we are all working on the actual game. When we are working towards something important (Beta) this whole battle-report thing takes a back seat. That's why you don't get them as often as we would all like. It's not something we are working on all the time. It's something various departments do after hours so you guys can see some cool stuff.

We aren't "withholding" battle reports to be mean. I swear. =)

FlashWar's Avatar Junior Member

I think there might be one just before the release of the beta or at blizzcon.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Quote Originally Posted by Freespace View Post
    I'd be curious to see a free for all match between Terran, Zerg and Protoss, but I guess that would take even longer than a normal Battle Report. Best bring on the beta, but then not many people will care about Battle Reports.
    This is another problem I have with Battle Reports; they're limited in what they want to show and what they allow to happen. For example, they probably want to stick to 1v1. In fan commentation, anything is pretty much possible whether it be 1v1, FFA, or epic full game battles.

Quote Originally Posted by TychusFindlay View Post
    This is another problem I have with Battle Reports; they're limited in what they want to show and what they allow to happen. For example, they probably want to stick to 1v1. In fan commentation, anything is pretty much possible whether it be 1v1, FFA, or epic full game battles.
    Yeah, and another thing they never show is Tier 3 units duking it out. They're holding back, probably because the later units are still being worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by Freespace View Post
    Yeah, and another thing they never show is Tier 3 units duking it out. They're holding back, probably because the later units are still being worked on.
    How many 20 minute games on fast speed get tier 3 units battling it out?

Granted they made it to Nighthawks...

The weird thing to me, though, is that they apparently have another Battle Report out there, and multiple tournaments from the last Blizzcon they haven't released. =( Which is just disappointing because they're OUT there.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
    The weird thing to me, though, is that they apparently have another Battle Report out there, and multiple tournaments from the last Blizzcon they haven't released. =( Which is just disappointing because they're OUT there.
    So's Starcraft Ghost and the old Warcraft Adventures game. Blizzard just don't release things that they don't consider to be near-perfection, and that Battle-Report probably didn't get past Tier 1

Sure this means they only release top quality stuff, but we're also missing out on things that might have been "only" good.

0neder's Avatar Junior Member

Well, there's that low-quality footage of a part of a live battle report of a TvZ that involves a nuke, mass ghosts, and the zerg infestors owning the terran. I think the main reason they don't release it is because it's out of date, and heck, we have part of it already.