Thread: Tokyopop graphic novel previews

Default Tokyopop graphic novel previews

Tokyopop put up a preview of StarCraft: Ghost: Academy today. There's no plot, but it does show characters. And yes, Gabriel Tosh is there. No sign of Tychus Findlay; I think it's only showing the ghost characters.

Link: http://www.tokyopop.com/WarcraftMang...e/2755243.html

Also Frontline: Volume 3's previews were up some time ago.

Art scans: http://www.tokyopop.com/WarcraftMang...e/2732003.html

Preview scans: http://www.tokyopop.com/product/2329...%20Frontline/3 (often doesn't work in Firefox)
    Last edited by Kimera757; 05-23-2009 at 11:59 AM.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Default Re: Tokyopop graphic novel previews

Nice, thanks for the post , i really love the ghosts.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

Wow, can they make Nova's boobs any bigger? First it's her vaccum tight suction cupped ass that was being advertised and now this what, 17-21 year old girl suddenly got implants?

Tosh looks a little skinny compared to the in game we got, but eh, Blizzard isn't really that great with scaling in their games.

Woah woah woah, what's going on in Frontline preview 3?

A psi blade AND gun wielding thing? Wtf? Is it a ghost? Looks kind of like one. The weapon doesn't look like the Terran version of the Psy Blade though.
    Also, are those archons in the last preview or what?

Thanks Kimera! These look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandonetho View Post
    Wow, can they make Nova's boobs any bigger? First it's her vaccum tight suction cupped ass that was being advertised and now this what, 17-21 year old girl suddenly got implants?
    She'll spend most of her time facing towards the reader rather than away from the gamer.

I wonder if it's the same artist who did Newsworthy? (Whoever did that gave Kate Lockwell big breasts, but not in her news anchor outfit, oddly enough. She has more reasonable-sized breasts in War-Torn.)

Tosh looks a little skinny compared to the in game we got, but eh, Blizzard isn't really that great with scaling in their games.
    He looks too young there. I hope he's not a trainee at the same time as Nova! He's supposed to have known Sarah Kerrigan before she went rogue (8 years before StarCraft, 12-14 years before StarCraft II!).

Woah woah woah, what's going on in Frontline preview 3?

A psi blade AND gun wielding thing? Wtf? Is it a ghost? Looks kind of like one. The weapon doesn't look like the Terran version of the Psy Blade though.
    The ghost-thing is from "Do No Harm". The description reads:

In "Do No Harm," the sadistic "Butcher of Korhal," Dr. Burgess, gets his bloody hands on Muadun, a recently captured protoss high templar and goes dissecting for clues on how to mass-produce horrifying protoss-terran soldiers...

You can get the other descriptions at the StarCraft Wiki in my signature, or at Tokyopop.

Also, are those archons in the last preview or what?
    Probably twilight archons (given the name of the short story... Twilight Archon). I don't know why there would be two of them, though.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Oh hey I didn't know the third link played those things like a slide.

Thanks for the answers Kimera.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

I think it's weird that Protoss can be resoced. You'd think that the Khala would protect them from resocialization like it protects them from infestation.

Wait, what? Where does it say protoss can be resoc'd? I think Dr. Burgess intends to dissect Muadun, and possibly put his genes in a terran.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post
    Wait, what? Where does it say protoss can be resoc'd? I think Dr. Burgess intends to dissect Muadun, and possibly put his genes in a terran.
    I must be out of the loop, but I thought that he planned to resoc him, since that's his specialty. Isn't Muadun that Protoss w/ the gun in the scans? O_o

Burgess' specialization is resoc, but he's planning on dissecting Muadun to make terran-protoss soldiers, and possibly to prove that terrans are superior to protoss.

Burgess' specialization is resoc, but he's planning on dissecting Muadun to make terran-protoss soldiers, and possibly to prove that terrans are superior to protoss.
    w00t Go Burgess! Show em Protoss what we humans are capable of.