Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Beta Info from Korean Blue (needs translation)

Default New Beta Info from Korean Blue (needs translation)

These blue posts still need translation. Dont bother with google translate. It doesnt work.

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html...117&sid=3005#3
    http://forums.battle.net/thread.html...95631&sid=3005

Here is the Blue post from a day or two ago. It was translated on TL by orgolove.

We know that all of you are very curious about the development of the Beta with the release of many Starcraft 2 Beta Testing related news across various news portals.

아직은 베타 테스트 시작일 등 자세한 내용들까지는 확정되지 않았으며 아쉽게도 이 글을 통해 확답을 해드리긴 어려울 것 같습니다.

Unfortunately, the specifics of beta testing have not been finalized yet and I cannot give you a definite answer through this thread.

그렇지만 조금이라도 빨리 스타크래프트Ⅱ를 만나보실 수 있게 여러 가지 준비를 하나 하나 진행해 나가고 있다는 것과 베타 테스트가 매체 및 업계 관계자 등 일부 대상에 한해서만 별도로 진행되는 것이 아닌, 팬 여러분들도 함께 참여해 시작하게 될 것이라는 이야기는 드릴 수 있을 것 같습니다.

But we are trying our best to make the necessary preparations ready and introduce Starcraft 2 as fast as we can. I can definitely say that the Beta test will not just involve industry experts and other VIPs but rather will involve all fans of the franchise.

그 동안의 기다림이 얼마나 길었고 힘들었는지 그리고 지금 어떤 것을 가장 원하시는지 잘 알고 있습니다.

We understand how long and excruciating the wait was, and we also understand what you want the most right now as well.

베타 테스트에 대한 구체적인 내용은 확정되는 대로 여러분들께 전해드리겠습니다.

We will tell you about any specifics that become finalized as soon as we can.

모두 주말 잘 보내세요.

Have a nice weekend
    -Kicho

Orgolove pointed out a A few things he missed the first time.

the second to last sentence, the "specifics" refers to the beta testing, i.e.

"We will tell you about any specifics about beta testing that become finalized as soon as we can."

And the part about what beta testing involves:

"I can definitely say that the Beta test will not just involve industry experts and other VIPs but rather will start out involving all fans of the franchise."

So basically, fans will be able to beta test from the very beginning. I assume by fans, they mean people with a beta key.
    Last edited by ArcherofAiur; 01-25-2010 at 11:01 AM.

Default Re: New Beta Info from Korean Blue (needs translation)

Quote Originally Posted by Domi87 View Post
    Those are the ones I posted at the top of this thread. They need proper translations.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherofAiur View Post
    Those are the ones I posted at the top of this thread. They need proper translations.
    Yeah i just realized that sorry, I thought you were linking the ones you quoted

But we are trying our best to make the necessary preparations ready and introduce Starcraft 2 as fast as we can

The statement above suggests preparation for beta testing. From that statement it seems that the Beta is ready, and that only the necessary preparations are standing in the way.

This seems to be a nice thought, but yes, a more proper translation is required.

Quote Originally Posted by GnaReffotsirk View Post
    But we are trying our best to make the necessary preparations ready and introduce Starcraft 2 as fast as we can

The statement above suggests preparation for beta testing. From that statement it seems that the Beta is ready, and that only the necessary preparations are standing in the way.

lol hope springs eternal I think if they came out with a statement like "BETA is not till at least 2012" and people would still be saying "oh its probably next tuesday!"

Lets face the facts, Beta is not ready until they say it is ready. Anything else is just a rumour.
    Last edited by ArcherofAiur; 01-25-2010 at 11:23 AM.

So basically, fans will be able to beta test from the very beginning. I assume by fans, they mean people with a beta key
    Yeah because the random WoW players who went to blizzcon and never ever even touched Starcraft 1 are fans

Thanks for being willing to link/help Archer. I will have to say that it's actually in the queue before you posted it (which makes me kinda happy) but it's nice to know that if we would have missed it, it would be here.

/goldstar ArcherofAuir
    Please be aware of the SC:L Posting Rules and Guidelines.

If I were you, I'd look at these links. You might even follow or like them or something...

StarCraft: Legacy: Like us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter - Subscribe to our Youtube channel
    Legacy Observer: Watch live on Twitch.tv - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Subscribe to Youtube Channel

Can anyone on the staff translate the first two posts?

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    Yeah because the random WoW players who went to blizzcon and never ever even touched Starcraft 1 are fans
    Those guys just ebay'd their key to people like me so they could buy more WoW gold