Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: StarCraft: Legacy Casting Call

Default Re: StarCraft: Legacy Casting Call

I will gladly accept the position on the Starcraft Legacy Esports Team. Ill be playing zerg.

Also I will destroy everyone in 20...ohp no I lost already.
    Last edited by ArcherofAiur; 12-17-2009 at 11:39 PM.

I’m a 100% up to date on the Pro-scene and I have first-class writing skills, but I’m still a bit hesitant to apply...

Back with all gun's blazing.

In reply to Wankey:

It is a volunteer position when I went through my interview they were 110% clear about it. After hearing about all the details, I could have stepped away but I'm very glad I didn't. Regarding how it's a "sacrifice" of time, well, any time I needed to reduce my time spent to relate to real life, they've been more than respectful. In return, they asked for a likewise respect of keeping them informed of my situation. Regarding the benefits, I'll leave that to my reply to Zabimaru.

This site wouldn't be the way it is without the volunteer time of it's staff (past and present) and the community that it fosters. I, and many other staff members, wouldn't have stepped forward with applications if it wasn't for "casting calls" like the one this thread is attached to. Ultimately, if there is a benefit to having more staff, I see no reason to remind the community that we're seeking people to join us in our endeavors. All of our other public announcements are with a professional tone, I see no problem when a casting call is made likewise.

If you want to take another community in example... SC2GG and their commentary staff are highly respected because of the passion they provide in their work. It's all volunteer time and they're not getting paid but a majority of the rewards they gain are on a personal level as well. (Not all though) They started somewhere... a post somewhere or getting the gutz to approach the site themselves... I say it doesn't hurt to give a nudge if people are thinking about it... as I stated before, it's what I needed to apply.

*thinks* I"m not truly disagreeing with you in some points. The only difference between "volunteering" and "sacrificing" time is merely the way a person looks upon the task. And the other "issues" you perceived are likewise viewed as benefits by myself. (which I disagree with how you're relaying them to be perceived.. but to each their own ^^) I feel they have benefited the team and myself to avoid people stepping on other people's projects until they were ready. *shrugs* In short, I think that it's merely perception that shows a difference of our posts. Ultimately if you wish to discuss the details about it with me, I encourage you to bring it to the private message level.

In Reply to Zabimaru:

I can say that I was hesitant before I applied and have found it thoroughly enjoyable as long as I approach it with the same passion I approach my posts on this site with. There are perks and rewards to the position, but while some of them are presented by the site itself... I'd say satisfaction to be part of the scene is the largest benefit.
    Last edited by Gifted; 12-18-2009 at 10:36 AM.
    Please be aware of the SC:L Posting Rules and Guidelines.

If I were you, I'd look at these links. You might even follow or like them or something...

StarCraft: Legacy: Like us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter - Subscribe to our Youtube channel
    Legacy Observer: Watch live on Twitch.tv - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Subscribe to Youtube Channel

I found a grammar error. You said:
    StarCraft: Legacy is expanding, and is looking for additional staff members.
    You should have said:
    StarCraft: Legacy is expanding, and is looking for additional pylons.
    Please fix this. SC:L cannot afford such an embarrassment.

... What about Mr. Suppy? Shouldn't we prioritize him above Pylons? *thinks* What about Mr. Pylan?

If I were you, I'd look at these links. You might even follow or like them or something...

StarCraft: Legacy: Like us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter - Subscribe to our Youtube channel
    Legacy Observer: Watch live on Twitch.tv - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Subscribe to Youtube Channel

I thought this site was more Protoss oriented. Was I wrong?

*points to Mr. Pylan*

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

Buddy you got his name wrong. It's Mr. Pyon.

This is a StarCraft forum, not a WarCraft forum. No trolls allows, mon.