Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Creep Burrow

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default Re: Creep Burrow

Creep should slow enemies down by 50%, boost all Zerg units including drones by 50%, increase the Regeneration rate of all Zerg units by 1000% (including the roach), infest any Terran marine that stays on it for more than 10 seconds, damage all foreign targets or buildings if it comes into contact, and allow all Zerg units to move while burrowed.

Also, for a special effect make it affect the water terrain so it becomes all dark and creepy and allows grund Zerg units to traverse it.

Archer, I think making it provide supply would make it a bit imbalanced.

What about allowing creep to turn Spiderman evil when he comes in contact with it? It could lead to alot of interesting gameplay but also I feel like it might put terran at a disadvantage especially in skyscrapper maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandonetho View Post
    Creep should slow enemies down by 50%, boost all Zerg units including drones by 50%, increase the Regeneration rate of all Zerg units by 1000% (including the roach), infest any Terran marine that stays on it for more than 10 seconds, damage all foreign targets or buildings if it comes into contact, and allow all Zerg units to move while burrowed.

Also, for a special effect make it affect the water terrain so it becomes all dark and creepy and allows grund Zerg units to traverse it.

Archer, I think making it provide supply would make it a bit imbalanced.
    That sounds plausible.
    Now with that, it would realy be a bit more exciting to play as a zerg in sc2, and people would stop complaining how weak they are

ps: Spiderman cannot be turned evil, since he alredy is evil, and gay, if he woud turn anymore evil, would that make him good

I always felt that the creep should do all three of these things:
    — increase zerg ground force speed
    — decrease terran and protoss ground force speed
    — heal zerg ground forces

Instead of a 30% speed increase for the zerg, I'd do a 20% increase for them and a 10% decrease for terrans and protoss. With the heal, it would only work if the ground forces are burrowed, and it would be only a slight boost. 3hpps would definitely be overkill (or rather, overheal, lol). I would suggest 1.5hpps, or maybe — just maybe — even 2hpps.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

I think decreasing speed would be nice too. It could act as a path denial of a sort. Layer a "shortcut" to your base full of creep and make it so that forces takes slower to get there, to let you prepare.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bonicPlague View Post
    increase zerg ground force speed
    decrease terran and protoss ground force speed
    These two are basically the same, making zerg faster in regards to the other 2 races. Perhaps the only area it would have any real effect on is resource gathering, and Drones don't get creep-move.

heal zerg ground forces
    Proposed this myself a time or two.

Everyone else seems to have forgotten the other major ability creep has, it prevents Terrans and Protoss from building on it, which could pose quite an interesting problem (particularly for the Terrans) given that the Zerg now get Creep Drop, and burrowed Creep Tumors.

Quote Originally Posted by MattII View Post
    These two are basically the same, making zerg faster in regards to the other 2 races. Perhaps the only area it would have any real effect on is resource gathering, and Drones don't get creep-move.
    They may be similar in the aspect of the zerg ground forces outrunning the enemy, but in other aspects there's a major difference. If instead of a zerg boost the creep gave a T and P slowdown, then not only are the zerg ground forces faster but the air forces as well. If you need to defend your base from an impending attack and the closest thing is some flyers, the enemy having a slowdown helps out a bunch. Also, if you are attacking the enemy base, dropping slowing creep helps a great deal in defending against slow ground units such as siege tanks and Thors.

Quote Originally Posted by MattII View Post
    Proposed this myself a time or two.

Everyone else seems to have forgotten the other major ability creep has, it prevents Terrans and Protoss from building on it, which could pose quite an interesting problem (particularly for the Terrans) given that the Zerg now get Creep Drop, and burrowed Creep Tumors.
    I promise you I haven't forgotten about that one

Quote Originally Posted by n00bonicPlague View Post
    They may be similar in the aspect of the zerg ground forces outrunning the enemy, but in other aspects there's a major difference. If instead of a zerg boost the creep gave a T and P slowdown, then not only are the zerg ground forces faster but the air forces as well. If you need to defend your base from an impending attack and the closest thing is some flyers, the enemy having a slowdown helps out a bunch. Also, if you are attacking the enemy base, dropping slowing creep helps a great deal in defending against slow ground units such as siege tanks and Thors.
    Point taken, although given the range of most of the T & P GtA capable units vs. the range of the AtG capable Zerg this is probably an academic point only.
    Last edited by MattII; 12-18-2009 at 05:35 AM.