Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Creep Burrow

Default Re: Creep Burrow

How about just a faster regeneration for burrowed units, that have burrowed in creep. There could also be some gameplay potential
    Its what I was talking about XD.

A 3hp/s regen on a 1250 hp hatch is kinda useless. But on a sunken line, it may become handy. 4 sunk with (300hp x4) down to 50 hp by a push (50hp x 4) will regen full in 83 sec (1.38min) so when the next push occurs, they are all full without any transfusion from the queen. For me It is definitely too strong

Zerg increased regen while on or burrowed in creep. How new and innovative. I'm sure its never been suggested before. And I'm sure no one has ever pointed out that it makes Zerg air units exceptionally weak and probably unusable.

And I'm sure that totally wasn't sarcasm.

Well i did sugest a while back, that they should alow zerg air units to burrow
    Problem solved

Hidden Content:

Hidden Content:

Last edited by Perfecttear; 12-16-2009 at 05:53 PM.

Why not make it a unit if you're so intent on having Zerg units regenerate faster?

The Zerg Nest.

Like Crawlers, it moves slowly off the Creep, and it cannot dig-in when not on Creep. When dug in, however, any Zerg unit (flying or not) can enter the nest. Nests might have a capacity or they might not. A Nest cannot start moving while something is in it. Units that are in it experience fast regeneration.

An obvious downside would be that, if the nest is destroyed, all units inside it die, much like a transport.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C. S. Lewis

"You simply cannot design a mechanic today to mimic the behaviour of a 10-year old mechanic that you removed because nearly nobody would like them today." - Norfindel, on the Macro Mechanics

"We want to focus the player on making interesting choices and not just a bunch of different klicks." - Dustin Browder

StarCraft 2 Beta Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Nicol Bolas View Post
    Why not make it a unit if you're so intent on having Zerg units regenerate faster?

Actually this whole thread is dedicated to promote burrow and creep , and not anyting else.
    So i will ask gain, what would be wrong with having an increased regeneration while burroved (creep or not) ?
    Why not ad an extra mechanic to burrow now in sc2? It could really use a bit promotion, since it wasn't that used in sc1.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfecttear View Post
    Why not ad an extra mechanic to burrow now in sc2? It could really use a bit promotion, since it wasn't that used in sc1.
    You need to watch more SC games.

the queen really does the work for buildings but it's healing ability completely useless for the zerg units, and imo they do need this reg thing so,
    or
    1. make that healing ability for a small aoe.
    the queen supposed THE defense unit for the zerg race, but looking at it's stats on SC-ARMORY i cant really see it protecting a zerg player from a zealot rush for example,
    in-fact i actually think that the 4 zergling you can build instead of it [queen cost 100 minerals and takes 2 food.] will help you more in stopping that kind of rush.
    after looking at the data i think that the small aoe healing thing wont be too imbalance, and will make the queen more useful.
    because she cost like a zealot and takes the same food like a zealot and still 1 zealot can own that goddamn queen even if he does get to low hp the queen is simply too slow to run after him when he's out of the creep.
    or
    2. do the burrow on creep idea burrow is a really good skill but some players dont buy it because it doesn't worth the cost.
    maybe that extra reg will make it more worthy.

the queen supposed THE defense unit for the zerg race
    The Queen hasn't been that since BlizzCon 08 when they stopped being unique. The only defensive ability it has is healing; it's basically a larva spawning tool.

Why not ad an extra mechanic to burrow now in sc2?
    Because Creep already has lots of mechanics. Did you forget the 30% movement speed increase?
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C. S. Lewis

"You simply cannot design a mechanic today to mimic the behaviour of a 10-year old mechanic that you removed because nearly nobody would like them today." - Norfindel, on the Macro Mechanics

"We want to focus the player on making interesting choices and not just a bunch of different klicks." - Dustin Browder

StarCraft 2 Beta Blog

Creep should slow down movement, heal zerg, damage enemy units, spread up cliffs, provide supply and make spiderman evil.