Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Protoss population ?

Default Re: Protoss population ?

Quote Originally Posted by n00bonicPlague View Post
    Maybe the Protoss aren't that purely advanced of an alien race. Maybe they're really more steampunk themed or rather, "psipunk" themed. A still tribal race that powers everything off of psi.
    That was always the impression I was under when I played the original SC and saw all the Protoss stuff.

Kudos to Arkceangel for the Terran avatar and sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex06 View Post
    That was always the impression I was under when I played the original SC and saw all the Protoss stuff.
    Its still technology, it just revolves around psionic principles. Heck, you could get away with saying magic is a kind of technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Archon View Post
    Its still technology, it just revolves around psionic principles. Heck, you could get away with saying magic is a kind of technology.
    Exactly. They can travel faster than light, and warp units and entire buildings over great distances into another star system. You don't get to do that without knowing something about physics, and have the tech to apply that knoweldge, and exploit that physics.
    It's not like they just cut a crystal, and put it in the middle of a Carrier, and that's all.

Adlerburg's Avatar Junior Member

I was led to believe that before the invasion of Aiur Protoss were around 7-10 billion and now there are left with 1 or 2 billion with the majority of these on Shakuras.... Plus the term colony for Protoss might be completely different like an outpost or a temple and stuff since many castes of Protoss are nomadic and rarely form big groups.

More over i remember reading that Protoss were in a demographic decline even before the invasion of Aiur, maybe their reproduction rate or cyrcle is completely different from human standards taking into fact their extreme long lifespawns compered once again to human standards.

Finaly about the last point made....

We look at the concept stone age with a totaly human based view for Protoss it might have been completely different their stone age might be technological advanced into hundred of years from now in modern day tech.

Anyway thanks for reading mah first post

Quote Originally Posted by Adlerburg View Post
    I was led to believe that before the invasion of Aiur Protoss were around 7-10 billion and now there are left with 1 or 2 billion with the majority of these on Shakuras.... Plus the term colony for Protoss might be completely different like an outpost or a temple and stuff since many castes of Protoss are nomadic and rarely form big groups.

More over i remember reading that Protoss were in a demographic decline even before the invasion of Aiur, maybe their reproduction rate or cyrcle is completely different from human standards taking into fact their extreme long lifespawns compered once again to human standards.

Finaly about the last point made....

We look at the concept stone age with a totaly human based view for Protoss it might have been completely different their stone age might be technological advanced into hundred of years from now in modern day tech.

Anyway thanks for reading mah first post

The Protoss conquered hundreds of worlds though, before their protectorship over other races was created. That would kinda of suggest higher manpower than low double digit billions.

I think all questions on protoss reproduction should be refereed to this thread, http://blizzforums.com/showthread.ph...s+reproduction

(I'm Zergums in the thread, DS is there, others)

"Re: Protoss reproduction
    Why would anyone want to discuss Protoss sex? I'll tell you why. Because only a true StarCraft fan would do so."
    Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I want my name in bright yellow, to represent "Forum Douchebag."

I think there were about 2 billion Protoss by the beginning of SC vanilla, the vast majority living on Aiur. So, factoring in the death of 70% of Aiur's population in the Zerg invasion, we have about a billion Protoss by the time of SC2.