View Poll Results: Should the Lurker stay?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

39 63.93%
  • No

22 36.07%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I think the Lurker should be scrapped...

Default I think the Lurker should be scrapped...

I'm gonna get straight to the point, here's why I think it should be scrapped.

- It would allow room for a new Hydralisk mutation, one that I think should take the GTA role, rather than putting an air bonus on the Hydralisk. This mutation could possibly be saved for the HotS expansion.

- I think this would allow the roach to find its niche. Imagine putting splash damage on a roach along with the regen/burrow. Its purpose becomes a lot like the lurkers, tough for infantry to kill.

- The Lurker is lack luster overall. It comes at tier 3, and the Zerg need more new units.

Thoughts?

Default Re: I think the Lurker should be scrapped...

I think it should be scraped and replaced with an scorpion like creature, that has the same tentacle attack animation like the spine crawler
    Best unit Ever

I'm with Jonny on this one. I want something new for the zerg and that air bonus on the hydra kinda annoy me. I'm not sure with what kind of mutation we should replace it ( if we do replace it that is) but yeah at tier 3 the unit is really useless and there's already enough gtg zerg units.

I'm all for it if the concept be awesome :3

Scorpilisk sounds nice :P

-Psi
    >>You Must Construct Additional Pylons<<

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

I like the lurker, I think it should stay.

SCCCCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWW
    that.
    The lurker is my favourite.
    I suggest keep, and besides, Its range can be upgraded to 10 or something, so It can easily remove seige tanks if you have a clear shot.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

Actually it's range IIRC upgrades to 9 IIRC, that's a whole 4 range less than the ST.

Quote Originally Posted by KillaKhan View Post
    SCCCCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWW
    that.
    The lurker is my favourite.
    I suggest keep, and besides, Its range can be upgraded to 10 or something, so It can easily remove seige tanks if you have a clear shot.
    10? That's insane. With a range of 10 you can say gg to anything Terran that walks on the ground. Considering that the lurker comes from the hydralisk, you can also say gg to anything that fly.

You can't really put it back to his proper tier because then it would overlap with the roach and the zerg would be played exactly like they used to be played in SC1 (minus the defiler).

I don't like the Lurker at tier 3, but I don't think it should be scrapped at all.

I don't understand the Lurker-Roach connection, and I'm totally against any dedicated ground to air units...

So in general I say keep it but bump it down to tier 2. I don't think it's doing anyone any favours at tier 3.

You can't really put it back to his proper tier because then it would overlap with the roach
    Seriously. WTF. How does it overlap with the Roach?

It sort of overlaps with the Baneling a little bit, and even then it's a completely different unit.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

Give lurker move while burrowed upgrade.