Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BroodLord / Ling Concept & Theorycraft

Default Re: BroodLord / Ling Concept & Theorycraft

Quote Originally Posted by PsiWarp View Post
    @Archer: Perhaps you could cut off the last 2 segments of the Swarm Guardian then fuse the tentacles to the second segment. I think it would look more like an evolved Corruptor then, with more sacs and all.

-Psi
    I really like the 4 segement crab motif. I think it makes it look allot more like a Kraken. But feel free to make your own modified model and we can see which people perfer

Quote Originally Posted by newcomplex View Post
    The tentacles should be draping down instead of flowing directly back, that would make the unit look much better as a whole.
    Thats not a bad idea. Id like to push towards the fear and awe look you get from say the Chimeran ships in Resistance 2. Just this gigantic alien leviathan hanging in the sky right above you. Tentacles that drap down might help that but im alittle worried if that would overlap with overlord. What do you think?

I want to propose three different firing mechanics and see which people (if any) people would perfer

A) Through the mouth Gaurdian style
    B) Tentacle grabs a Broodling from a giant mouth underneath the monster and then throws it like the Sentinals in the Matrix
    C) Large mass appears at the base of a Tentacle, this bulge is pumped/squeezed through the tentacle untill it reaches the claw opening, Broodling is ejected from this opening (like the broodlord is laying the broodling) or fired forcefully from the Tentacle.
    Last edited by ArcherofAiur; 12-05-2009 at 07:07 PM.

Option 2 would be great! Instead of implying the frail nature of an Overlord (tentacles dangling), the Brood Lord could actually use them for something ^_^

Besides, I do think that 2 Broodlings flying alongside the Brood Lord, though swarm-like, looks rather... cute for Zerg.

-Psi
    >>You Must Construct Additional Pylons<<

The broodlins looks perfect. The idea of a not completely developed Corruptor is great, and it really looks sweet. But the brood Lord needs (again) a complete new render. Great effort ffrom you. lets hope Blizzard hear your calling again and get started

The ratio body/tentacles is prettier like this I think;

Quote Originally Posted by B~E View Post

You like the one segement body more then the multi-segmented flying sea serpent look? Or is it just that you want the tentacles to be longer in proportion to the body?
    Last edited by ArcherofAiur; 12-05-2009 at 08:38 PM.

Well, I'd take the sea serpent model, and replace the lower half of it with a few massive barbed tentacles or something.

Quote Originally Posted by B~E View Post
    Well, I'd take the sea serpent model, and replace the lower half of it with a few massive barbed tentacles or something.
    Do you mean the back two segments or the underbelly?

I meant the back two segments. =]

Then it wouldnt look like a flying sea serpent. It wouldnt be able to slither up and down through the air. You cant have a snake thats wider then it is long

Am I the only one that wants the tentacles to be facing forward?

The idea being that it flings them at its target and it bursts in to a tentacle beast (though I do like XSoldier's rendition of the ground unit).

Heh, I wish I were also a talented artist so I could so a concept of what I'm imagining.