Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What if Supply would be removed

Default What if Supply would be removed

I have a hypothetical question for you guys. I'm wondering what would hapen if the supply system would be removed from the game. Meaning that you wouldn't have to build supply depots or pylons or overlords for building more units. How would that efect the game, if when you start the game the avaible supply would alredy be 200 ? Is it something esential to the game, or does it only slow down the game and provides supply block ? I mean there are many other rts that have no population/supply system.
    Last edited by Perfecttear; 12-02-2009 at 07:42 PM.

Default Re: What if Suppy would be removed

Terrans and zerg would be OP as they won't need to waste 100mins on a pylon ^^

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blade View Post
    Terrans and zerg would be OP as they won't need to waste 100mins on a pylon ^^
    Theoreticaly the protoss also wouldn't need to build any pylons, there buildings would just have to be a bit more tightly packed , as for my question lets just say the pylon would cost 25 minerals, the same as the creep tumor used to.
    So if that would be case, how would the game played out. I mean all of the C&C games never had any supply sytem and i have never feld an urge for one in those games, so could starcraft survive without it ?

Protoss need Pylons for power.

Macro actions would fall to nearly non-existant levels, only having to build tech/production buildings, and expand.
    Mineral use would decrease, but not too much (2000 minerals at much).
    Build orders wouldn't have anything to base their numbering
    One less point of attack.

Maybe it can, maybe it cannot. I don't know, but would remove some interesting stuff.

The game would suck.
    /thread

This belongs more in the BW section than off topic. Share some love to our almost dead BW forum

/BW forum

JK

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    This belongs more in the BW section than off topic. Share some love to our almost dead BW forum
    I didn't dare to put such a ridicules question anywhere else than the offtopic forums

This scenario would totally help me out. I always forget to build an additional supply depot/overlord/pylon, and am always dinged since I have to wait the idle time for the supply completion before I can build additional units. I could reach 100 supply easy before 8 minutes if there were no supply.

I suspect this will also help Zerg out immensely since they also don't have to protect their ovies from wayward corsairs, although the dynamic could still be there for Protoss DT strategies.

If there was no need for supply? Protoss would lose automatically everytime.