Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SC units at scale (warning: BIG image)

Default SC units at scale (warning: BIG image)

I did a unit size comparison, using images that show more than one unit, some available data on unit sizes that is available, and some guessing based on cinematics, and was able to do this:

Yeah, i know it looks like they're all suspects of a crime. I wouldn't like to be the police officer that arrested them

Way Old image: http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1...aos3screen.jpg

Previous image: http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...amaos4gray.jpg
    Changes: used Immortal instead of Dragoon, Viking is bigger, Ultralisk is smaller, Queen is bigger.

Updated scale:

Changes: Immortal 1m taller (looked at portrait), changed Viking for Wyrm and made it 2m taller (it was the Wyrm's concept, anyways).
    Last edited by Norfindel; 12-10-2009 at 07:05 PM.

Default Re: SC units at scale (warning: BIG image)

I'm pretty sure hydralisks are only 2.4 meters tall. Unless they're a lot bigger in StarCraft II.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

man, that ultra is definitely the scariest of the bunch. sure, the colossus is taller, but the ultra is the meatiest by far.

you should put in a mothership or carrier/battlecruiser for good measure...haha

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

I'm PRETTY sure that a Viking is way huger than a Hydralisk.

Oh wait it is, the Hydralisk isn't 4 m tall, that would be double the Height of a marine.

The Hydralisk look pretty big next to Zeratul in the video of the caves, that's why i put them at 4m tall. I think that the SC2 Hydras are bigger. They certainly look much more meatier than before.

About the Viking, i think it was supposed to be bigger when they drawed the concept art, but we seen it's real size in the picture close to Raynor inside the Hyperion. The Goliath wasn't supposed to be too big, either.

How that small thing is able to transform and then fly, i don't know, but seems to be of that size. I don't know if there is another size reference.

Here they look like they have 4.8m tall. Sounds a little more reasonable, i will modify it:

Last edited by Norfindel; 11-28-2009 at 09:56 PM.

Look at the picture again, look in the background with the guy who's actually standing beside the viking and use him for comparison, not Raynor.

He's barely the size of the gatling gun.

KDraconis's Avatar Administrator

Yeah, Viking being 4m can't be true. An average human is around 2 meters tall, so the cockpit of a plane should be about 3~4 meters. If you look at the Viking's cockpit, it looks too small compared to the rest of the Viking for the Viking to be 3.8 meters. I'm guessing more around 15~20 meters tall.

I'd say Vikings are around 10 meters tall.

10/10 for the effort. However the proportions on several units are clearly off. The hydralisk while easily over 4m from head to tail, would only stand about 2.5-3 m erect...roughly the size of a protoss. The factory scene featuring the viking is simply a case of bad depth perception and wrong frame of reference (Raynor). If you look at the man in the background directly next to it, you get a better sense of scale. I'd say the viking would have more or less the same dimensions as a modern day fighter jet (15-16 m =/-). If you want a better Idea how big it would be in walker mode, look at 'Frontline vol. 1'. Or better yet; Starscream from Transformers the movie.

Everything else is probably more or less correct.

Now that I think about it, the Thor probably wouldn't be that much taller than a viking in terms of height. It's overall mass/density however, is probably equal too, if not greater than an ultralisk.
    Last edited by phazonjunkie; 11-29-2009 at 12:38 AM. Reason: new thought

By the way, the reason the Zeratul/Hydralisk comparison is flawed is because Zeratul hunches... a lot. Think of Trolls in WoW. They're the second tallest race, after Tauren, but you'd never know it in-game.

The Hydras in that cinematic appear to be bigger than they are.

An average human is around 2 meters tall
    Lol. Thankfully this is pretty far from any Earth we happen to live on, or my height would be a lot less of a commodity than it is now. :P
    Last edited by pure.Wasted; 11-29-2009 at 12:23 AM.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7699/commun1.png