Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 178

Thread: Hypothetical: Dominion vs The Empire

  1. #11

    Default Re: Hypothetical: Dominion vs The Empire

    For some reason, the technology present in the KotoR era seems like an vast improvement to that of the classic films and even the newer ones.

    Honestly, from a tech standpoint, the entire SW universe seems to pale in comparison to the SC universe. The SW universe would win from sheer number though.

    Cold fusion hasn't been discovered in the SW universe apparently.
    Last edited by newcomplex; 11-22-2009 at 08:44 PM.

  2. #12

    Default Re: Hypothetical: Dominion vs The Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by newcomplex View Post
    Cold fusion hasn't been discovered in the SW universe apparently.
    But Luke Skywalker's X-Wing is apparently capable of warp travel by itself (in the Thrawn Trilogy).

    Star Wars may have lesser technology in some areas, but appears to have greater technology in quite a few as well.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

    "Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

  3. #13

    Default Re: Hypothetical: Dominion vs The Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post
    But Luke Skywalker's X-Wing is apparently capable of warp travel by itself (in the Thrawn Trilogy).

    Star Wars may have lesser technology in some areas, but appears to have greater technology in quite a few as well.
    But logically, cold fusion should precede fing FTL capabilities on a space shop the size of a small pickup.

    Meh, as much as we like to hate on the SC universe for making no sense, I'd have to say the SW universe makes even less. For instance, why do the giant laser guns on the ATAT inflict less collateral damage then a modern combat mortar?

  4. #14

    Default Re: Hypothetical: Dominion vs The Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by newcomplex View Post
    But logically, cold fusion should precede fing FTL capabilities on a space shop the size of a small pickup.
    Logically FTL travel shouldn't even exist! Who is to say cold fusion has anything to do with FTL, when they can have some kind of exotic power source instead that lets them jump into Hyperspace?

    For instance, why do the giant laser guns on the ATAT inflict less collateral damage then a modern combat mortar?
    Because lasers aren't AoE weapons? (Logically, shouldn't an ATAT carry AoE weapons?)
    Last edited by Kimera757; 11-22-2009 at 10:19 PM.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

    "Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

  5. #15

    Default Re: Hypothetical: Dominion vs The Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post
    Logically FTL travel shouldn't even exist! Who is to say cold fusion has anything to do with FTL, when they can have some kind of exotic power source instead that lets them jump into Hyperspace?



    Because lasers aren't AoE weapons? (Logically, shouldn't an ATAT carry AoE weapons?)
    I'm just curious kimera, or anyone else who is well knowledge in SW lore, is their any reason that lasers in the future travel slower then bullets? And for that matter, how on earth are jedi able to deflect them? If the traveled at a speed similar to bullets, the jedi's arm would have to moving at hypersonic speed

  6. #16

    Default Re: Hypothetical: Dominion vs The Empire

    Well, aside from the usual answer of throw science out the window, I'd simply say that the 'lasers' in SW simply aren't, well, lasers to begin with. Travel slow as you say, yet pack enough punch to kill someone, and I doubt a shiney coat would actually deflect these beams like you would with an actual laser. And then you have the lightsaber.

  7. #17

    Default Re: Hypothetical: Dominion vs The Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by newcomplex View Post
    I'm just curious kimera, or anyone else who is well knowledge in SW lore, is their any reason that lasers in the future travel slower then bullets? And for that matter, how on earth are jedi able to deflect them? If the traveled at a speed similar to bullets, the jedi's arm would have to moving at hypersonic speed
    I always thought Jedi could deflect lasers because their natural intuition would tell them where the laser is heading in advance (as in, before it actually happens), so they simply move their beam to that area preemptively.

  8. #18

    Default Re: Hypothetical: Dominion vs The Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by newcomplex View Post
    I'm just curious kimera, or anyone else who is well knowledge in SW lore, is their any reason that lasers in the future travel slower then bullets?
    They shouldn't. But are they really lasers? If they were, they're not right for a bunch of reasons.

    [
    And for that matter, how on earth are jedi able to deflect them? If the traveled at a speed similar to bullets, the jedi's arm would have to moving at hypersonic speed
    Jedi can see at least half a second into the future. With training, that's enough time to move the lightsaber into the proper position.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

    "Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

  9. #19

    Default Re: Hypothetical: Dominion vs The Empire

    On the subject of SW not making sense, how the heck does having an infection (midichlorians) make you psychic?!

  10. #20

    Default Re: Hypothetical: Dominion vs The Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by mr. peasant View Post
    On the subject of SW not making sense, how the heck does having an infection (midichlorians) make you psychic?!
    Everyone is infected with mitochondria. (If you didn't, you'd be dead.)

    In fact, I think everyone has midichlorians (which are probably just another way of saying mitochondria), but Force-sensitive people have a much higher concentration of them.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

    "Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Similar Threads

  1. The Dominion is over-estimated
    By UED in forum StarCraft Universe Lore Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-07-2009, 11:43 PM
  2. [Hypothetical/Discussion] UED Faction
    By vIsitor in forum StarCraft II Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 03:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •