Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: *BladesTournaments Announcements*

Default Re: *BladesTournaments Announcements*

Quote Originally Posted by Sarov View Post
    I'd love to join, but I don't want to do and then, when the tournament starts, have to say that I can't play because my computer isn't it yet.
    When do you think you'll have everything running?

Sarov's Avatar The Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    When do you think you'll have everything running?
    Well, I sent in my money order on Monday. It'll take about 3 or 4 days for it to arrive since it wasn't express (didn't have enough money at the time). The computer takes 4 to 5 business days for them to put it together and test it to make sure everything is working properly. When the computer is shipped it will take anywhere from 1 to 2 days to reach my home since its being delivered by air.

Anyways, it should take about a week (4 -5 days to build, 1 - 2 to arrive). So, hopefully I'll have it by the end of next week. This just my guess based on the information I currently have. I will however recieve an email when it is being shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by KillaKhan View Post
    Go SC:L!
    Me and sammich bird are gonna win. Both categories.

What do I do if I lost the starcraft stuff, but still have my legit cd key? >.< and can still play?
    If you can access Battle.net, then you may win, recieve the honors, etc.

wow only the 2 of us? Maybe you could ask Gradius to make an annoucement or something. I was looking forward to be playing against people from here... Where are the others random players from anyways? Not tl.net I hope.
    I did asked LoA, but I ignore what happened with my request. I suppose the content staff is quite overwhelmed by work right now. As for the other players, non has stated a website nor forum name. I believe they are just normal guests in SC:L.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarov View Post
    I'd love to join, but I don't want to do and then, when the tournament starts, have to say that I can't play because my computer isn't it yet.

Based on what I know of TL.net, I sure hope not.
    There're still several spots left, so you might still enter. Time is irrelevant though, because some of my staff (4) happen to have trouble with the schedule from time to time.

I don't know if any TL guy did signed in, but I just don't figure them exposing the chess set in their web page.

I will update the tournament with several pictures around the prizes in a while. Though, I will not show all of the chess set ^^.

Edit: UP now

My last sketch so you guys know I have this stuff at my grasp

Zergling black pawn, SC:L
    SC:L, Zergling black pawn
    Last edited by The_Blade; 11-25-2009 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blade View Post
    If you can access Battle.net, then you may win, recieve the honors, etc.
    Okay good. I can get on battle.net, and I have ICCup. I'm all set! =D

Well, tournament sign up is over. Now for the news, I have a bad one and a good.

THE WRONG ONE

Hidden Content:
    There will be no tournament.
    Reason:
    -Only 2 bloody true StarCraft players did signed in. (For the rest of you, you can go play WoW ^^)
    -I may only blame my own ways of marketing; but it's probably the hype for StarCraft's 2 beta, time, holidays, etc.

THE RIGHT ONE

Hidden Content:
    KillaKhan and sandwich_bird find out the answer through a scientific method analisis of Point 1.

Hidden Content:
    So what do you guys want to do with your prizes?
    -KillaKhan I may ship the book ASAP
    -sandwich_bird the chess set will take a little time (though it might have it by Christmas), as I gave the set to a family member who will add a protective acrilic cover to the pieces, this will prevent any possible accidents during travel or inexpected falls from the table.

Hidden Content:
    Why I didn't tell about the few participants?
    A. I will always and forever look for competitive gameplay not scavengers.

So not many people signed up? Thats sad, I was looking forward to some game time.

Quote Originally Posted by KillaKhan View Post
    So not many people signed up? Thats sad, I was looking forward to some game time.
    I will try to talk with gradius so that we could maybe hold a SC:L tournament. The problem is that it's a bad time of the year right now.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

Hell yeah it's a bad time. Most people are having their finals at this time. I know I am.

I will try to talk with gradius so that we could maybe hold a SC:L tournament. The problem is that it's a bad time of the year right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandonetho View Post
    Hell yeah it's a bad time. Most people are having their finals at this time. I know I am.
    Indeed, just to name two reasons. Probably not the best time, and thats the same reason I did a timed tournament rather than a refery tournament. It was supposed to cancel this variable. It just didn't happened as we thought.

Still, all of my tournaments are planned to be the least time consuming for my staff and myself.

Actually during Winter Break, you can get a good crowd as people will be more apt to spend a day or two for SC. However, the expectation to do anything really long scale is hard to do. I've had a lot of success holding invitationals over the course of a week as long as you know the people that you are dealing with and keep on them to get their matches completed. I've learned from my experience, keep it simple, keep it easy and you'll have success.