Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: *BladesTournaments Announcements*

Default *BladesTournaments Announcements*

Under the imminent launch of Beta, we proudly present, to every StarCraft fan around the world, Blades StarCraft Tournament #1!

General Information

RULE#1 ANYONE MAY SIGN IN; RULE#2 SIGN IN!!!

1. How to enter:
    To enter Blades Tournament #1, participants must submit the following information to the_blade@live.com.mx with the title “Tournament”
    - StarCraft BroodWar ICCup Battle.net In Game Name (visit www.iccup.com to register, follow the next link to get started www.iccup.com/starcraft/sc_start.html )
    - Forum name and website (optional)
    - Skill level (beginner or advanced)
    - Race (Random is not available) that will be used for the entire tournament
    Note: A mail will be sent back to anyone participating related to their application. This mail will also be contacted if said participant wins the tournament.

ONLY 32 SPOTS AVAILABLE FOR ADVANCED
    ONLY 16 SPOTS AVAILABLE FOR BEGINNER

2. Eligibility
    Anyone with a legit Blizzard’s Entertainment StarCraft: BroodWar working CD-KEY is allowed to win a prize. Not having one, will allow the player to participate but not win.

3. Entry Period
    Contestants must submit their application by Saturday the 27th of November 2009, 12pm GMT -6. No exceptions will be made.

4. Location and Time
    Games will be hosted at any time during the Round intervals in the ICCup Battle.net servers. Day and time of matches will be decided by both players. Default time is 10pm GMT -6.

Advanced Tournament------ Beginner Tournament---Start----------- End
    Round1--------------------------------------------November 29th----December 5th
    Round 2--------------------Round1----------------December 7th-----December 11th
    Semi-Finals-----------------Semi-Finals------------December 12th----December 15th
    Finals----------------------Finals------------------December 15th----December 20th

5. Maps:
    Beginner skill level tournament games will be played in the map, python.

------------Advanced
    Round1-----Longinus
    Round2-----Neo Medusa
    Semi-Finals-Gaia
    Final-------Blue Storm

6. Gameplay Rules:- Cheating of any kind will result in an automatic disqualification
    - Abusing of any bugs is completely forbidden
    - Lurker hold position is banned in any skill level
    - Cannon rush is banned in “Advanced skill level”
    - SCV, Probe, or Drone rush is banned in “Advanced skill level”
    - 6 pool rush is banned in “Advanced skill level”
    - Bunker rush is banned in “Advanced skill level”
    - Sunken rush is banned in “Advanced skill level”
    - Gas harassing is banned in “Advanced skill level”
    - Pylon harassing, applies only if no building combo is applied
    - Any attempt to simulate a lower skill level to win on “beginner skill level” will result in Disqualification from the tournament.
    - Game chat is exclusive the usual: starting “GL”, “HF” and the ending “GG” in any difficulty level.

7. Tournament Rules:- Players will play best of 3 games.
    - Players must play all of their games by the deadline of each round.
    - Players must meet on the designated time for their battle (with a tolerance of 10 minutes) Times will be designated by the players.
    - Aggression against any player or host, will result in a penalty that will remove the time tolerance (therefore such player will lose if the other player arrives after or during the designated time)
    - Host’s decisions are ABSOLUTE

8. Before and After Match:
    Battle rackets will be posted before and after rounds.
    Players must find out who they will battle with and start a conversation in this thread about setting times or a time for battles.
    After all games in a match have been played, both players must send all the replays to the_blade@live.com.mx with the title “Replays Winner of the match/Loser of the match”

9. Disputes
    If you face a hacker or unfriendly behavior from a player, send the in game name of the aggressor and evidence (screenshots, replays) to the_blade@hotmail.com with the title “dispute”
    Posting any negative comment towards said player on the forums will result in current and future reports being ignored by the tournament staff. This involves the commenting about the issue the player had with this individual.

10. Prizes and awards:
    -Beginner skill level champion will receive StarCraft official novel: Mengsk by Graham McNeill
    -Advanced skill level champion will receive an unofficial StarCraft themed Chess Set. (Details and pictures will be shown in public within the tournament)

11. Special thanks to:
    - the .org network
    - ICCup
    - Music by: Yuruka and traumacenter1233

Last edited by The_Blade; 11-24-2009 at 11:46 PM.

Default *Tournament Feedback and Q&A*

Post your questions and feedback in this thread

Last edited by The_Blade; 11-16-2009 at 05:33 PM.

Default Re: *BladesTournaments Announcements*

Sister thread:

*Before and Aftermatch*

This post will show each round's battle rackets.
    Last edited by The_Blade; 11-16-2009 at 07:31 PM.

3 threads is a bit much, I'll let you have 2 though. If you want me to change names or anything just ask!

Btw I'll probably enter again

Cheers!

Sarov's Avatar The Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    3 threads is a bit much, I'll let you have 2 though. If you want me to change names or anything just ask!

Btw I'll probably enter again

Cheers!
    That's what I told him.

I'd enter but I don't have my computer yet. I'm ordering it on Friday of this week though so I should have it in a week or two.

Can someone describe what Lurker Hold Position is? And why it isn't allowed?

I think I should like my lurkers holding their positions, instead of runnin around like bozos.
    Proper army standards.

Quote Originally Posted by KillaKhan View Post
    Can someone describe what Lurker Hold Position is? And why it isn't allowed?

I think I should like my lurkers holding their positions, instead of runnin around like bozos.
    Proper army standards.
    What is it?

Three ways to do this:

1) Keep spamming S like a moron with your lurkers selected. Then, when you wish them to attack, stop spamming.

2) Select lurkers with another unit, such as an overlord, and press H for hold position. Then, when you wish to attack, select lurkers and either press S or press A and left click on ground near lurkers.

3) Select lurkers, press A, and left click on some building thats hidden under the fog of war. To resume attacking, press S or press A and left click on ground near lurkers.
    Got to love Google. Taken from TL of course. You can see the entire thread on it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarov View Post
    What is it?
    Three ways to do this:

1) Keep spamming S like a moron with your lurkers selected. Then, when you wish them to attack, stop spamming.

2) Select lurkers with another unit, such as an overlord, and press H for hold position. Then, when you wish to attack, select lurkers and either press S or press A and left click on ground near lurkers.

3) Select lurkers, press A, and left click on some building thats hidden under the fog of war. To resume attacking, press S or press A and left click on ground near lurkers. [/url]
    Oh wow, you're right, I can see why that wouldn't be allowed.
    Thanks!

Well, it is a quite rare strategy now a days due to the fact that it is forbiden in pro-games due to its "effectiveness". Still it is quite of a cheap move as it may cause the death of a full army without detectors with just 3 or 4 lurkers. Fun to do but not good for a competitive gameplay. Besides it uses a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by KillaKhan View Post
    Oh wow, you're right, I can see why that wouldn't be allowed.
    Thanks!
    No problem. Always glad to help.