Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starcraft Ghost HD footage found (and possible dev kit leak)

Default Starcraft Ghost HD footage found (and possible dev kit leak)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHQV...ature=emb_logo

and like the title say, apparently the xbox build has leaked online. Can't find anything yet though but keep your eyes open.

edit: won't link it here but, *hint* *hint* if you search inside the worse community on the internet, you will find a link. Now I just gotta figure out how to make this work
    Last edited by sandwich_bird; 02-16-2020 at 08:25 PM.

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Starcraft Ghost HD footage found (and possible dev kit leak)

ilmao those hitboxes

Been waiting forever for this thing to leak and it finally happened, now I just need a modded Xbox or something to try it on.

Just what the heck is the player shooting at in that video??

I hope this is all early alpha material, otherwise I can understand why they shelved this. More content:

Interestingly, you can see the Overlords drop the zerglings through a series of ventral openings.

EDIT Longer vid

EDIT II So apparently, Cole Hickson from the comic series Warpigs was to feature as a representative of the KLF.

Briefings:

Last edited by Visions of Khas; 02-17-2020 at 02:24 AM.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

That rigging on the Terran Marines
    The best part of the game tho, has to be that hacking of the cpu terminal. Input from hell material right there.

I don't know guys, I think it looks pretty good for the early 2000's and especially so considering it's an early build. Not GotY good but high quality for sure. Art-wise, it's similar to TimeSplitters. I'm pretty sure I would have loved the game back then. Wouldn't fly today but it had potential.

Protoss Purifier Quotes from StarCraft Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    I don't know guys, I think it looks pretty good for the early 2000's and especially so considering it's an early build. Not GotY good but high quality for sure. Art-wise, it's similar to TimeSplitters. I'm pretty sure I would have loved the game back then. Wouldn't fly today but it had potential.
    I enjoyed a FPS game called Tresspasser back in the day very much, and it's one of the worst rated games ever. As well, the 2000 game Alien vs Predator was fantastic on the "Human" campaign, "Ok" on the Predator and downright "batshit frustrating" on the Alien. Very fun game tho. I would totally love Ghost too. It just sucks that we are seeing the art and dev 15 years later.

Oh, dang, this looks really good. I don't even care that it's not modern. It's wonderful to see that they really leaned into the aesthetics of the original game. Now I'm even more heartbroken that this game didn't come out back in the day.

*sigh* I would criticize the graphics snobs who would never get into something like this, but the fact of the matter is that this time period in gaming wasn't as pretty as SNES era 2D. Although subjectively speaking, I'd say it looks fabulous. I love the cartoony look of it all. SC2 tried too hard to be realistic, ignoring the fact that well, SC vanilla was pretty goofy at times.

Man...that footage. I wanna play this game so bad. Maybe there'll be a fan version online at some point like there was for Star Fox 2.
    Last edited by Nissa; 02-18-2020 at 12:19 PM.
    "Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

I can't really bring myself to care very much considering the disaster that is Starcraft lore... and the fact that I don't have a console and don't play FPS games.

I guess that if Ghost had come out, then Nova would eventually have become the new queen of the zerg, the return of the xel'naga, or something similarly silly. Maybe she would've had a catfight with Kerry over Raynor's affections or something similarly sexist.