Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Stalker Lore Question

Default Re: Stalker Lore Question

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    So you think. Terrazine has enough lore to expand on and to give more story. Jorium on the other hand could use more explaining though.
    Sure, why not?

Earlier in this thread I mentioned the animation of death teleport retcon. As I previously explained the retcon itself seems to be ignored by the games and is apparently only mentioned in the Field Manual. However, the game does have an "emergency recall" ability that works like the retcon claims, except that it uses the generic teleport animation used by all "recall" abilities including "mass recall", "strategic recall," etc.

Hence why I want to see if more comics or something will talk on the jorium factor.

Hence why I want to see if more comics or something will talk on the jorium factor.
    Unlikely. Blizzard probably forgot about it like they did all the other stuff they forgot about. There is no shortage of lore bits that appear once and never get referenced again despite having ramifications for the setting as a whole. Activision seemingly put Starcraft on backburner indefinitely, with only limited legacy support remaining.

Maybe, but jorium was still briefly mentioned in Shadow Wars, I'll wait it out.

Maybe, but jorium was still briefly mentioned in Shadow Wars, I'll wait it out.
    It's a technobabble explanation for things that the writer used in a throwaway line. There's zero reason to explore its metaphysical relevance, entire history of discovery, or whatever. That's like suddenly going into a long tangent on humanity's history with Vitamin C and scurvy.

For you it's technobabble. If we follow that logic then anything even remotely related in the realm of fantasy should all be tossed in the trash can, since all those ideas are pulled out of thin air and therefore have no logic behind it.

For you it's technobabble. If we follow that logic then anything even remotely related in the realm of fantasy should all be tossed in the trash can, since all those ideas are pulled out of thin air and therefore have no logic behind it.
    Did you even read the part where I said it makes about as much sense as a tangent on the history of Vitamin C and scurvy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mislagnissa View Post
    Did you even read the part where I said it makes about as much sense as a tangent on the history of Vitamin C and scurvy?
    When official news reports tell us Vitamin C can produce psionic powers, I'll look back at this.

When official news reports tell us Vitamin C can produce psionic powers, I'll look back at this.
    We already have a wiki page: https://starcraft.fandom.com/wiki/Jorium

The terrans created a drug from jorium, terrazine and God knows what else to induce/boost psychic abilities. What more do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Mislagnissa View Post
    We already have a wiki page: https://starcraft.fandom.com/wiki/Jorium

The terrans created a drug from jorium, terrazine and God knows what else to induce/boost psychic abilities. What more do you want?
    The details of it, considering the terrans knew squat about the void and it's been speculated that terrazine came from it.