Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stalker Lore Question

Default Re: Stalker Lore Question

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Dragoons are clearly an expy of dreadnoughts from WarHammer 40K, which have a difficult time integrating into society themselves, as revered as they are. Stalkers, on the other hand, are just protoss wraithguards. It's probably reflective of khalai and nerazim ideals more than anything.
    I thought the Khalai ideals for the dragoon is they're just templar who fell in battle and are given a 2nd chance

Dragoons are clearly an expy of dreadnoughts from WarHammer 40K, which have a difficult time integrating into society themselves, as revered as they are. Stalkers, on the other hand, are just protoss wraithguards. It's probably reflective of khalai and nerazim ideals more than anything.
    Careful there VoK, you're likely gonna trigger someone by calling out Starcraft being an expy of anything in WH40K. Protoss are space elves/Eldar expys!
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Well it's clear dragoons embody dreads. In play style, protoss are more akin to Astartes, though they retain the Eldar aesthetic. I guess that makes dark templar thematically equivalent to Exodites. And the TalDarim are struggling so hard to be Dark eldar it physically hurts. (Let's put spikes everywhere and let's steal EVERYTHING!!1)
    Last edited by Visions of Khas; 08-12-2019 at 02:37 PM.

Well it's clear dragoons embody dreads. In play style, protoss are more akin to Astartes, though they retain the Eldar aesthetic. I guess that makes dark templar thematically equivalent to Exodites. And the TalDarim are struggling so hard to be Dark eldar it physically hurts. (Let's put spikes everywhere and let's steal EVERYTHING!!1)
    I hope you know I didn't mind the Tal'darim's pilfering....

The newly introduced ihan-rii immortal variant is literally a corpse in a sarcophagus with guns mounted on.

I always thought the protoss dragoon and its variants did not make all that much sense. The protoss are clearly advanced enough to resurrect the dead from mind uploads with some kind of, I don't know, a "death-warp system" like the cylons in the 2004 Battlestar Galactica series. Furthermore, that would better reconcile the teleport death retcon and the protoss' casual battlelust versus their limited population. The templar would not fear death because they could not die: their souls would be resurrected in robotic shells or cloned bodies.

I wasn't too happy about the ihan-rii variant. If they wanted to augment the immortal exoskeleton with xel'naga tech, that's fine with me, but don't make the fallen templar in the exoskeleton as a corpse. At least the nerazim got their version right by keeping their warrior close to, but not in actual death

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    I wasn't too happy about the ihan-rii variant. If they wanted to augment the immortal exoskeleton with xel'naga tech, that's fine with me, but don't make the fallen templar in the exoskeleton as a corpse. At least the nerazim got their version right by keeping their warrior close to, but not in actual death
    The stalker doesn’t do that. Its creation involves removing the pilot’s soul (“shadow essence”) and putting it in a robot. Somehow.

I had some ideas for making them distinct in my AU.

Ihan rii? That's new.

*looks into it*

*reads*

Sooo... Tal-Darim. Got it.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Ihan rii? That's new.

*looks into it*

*reads*

So far, VoK. We don't know if they're be as vicious or more. If SC3 ever comes out (give it a few decades), we'll get to learn about them.

Ihan rii? That's new.

*looks into it*

*reads*

Taldarim with magic runes that repel heretics, mechs piloted by reanimated corpses, void crystals bound to every child at birth then forged into a weapon, knowledge of xel’naga tech lost by everyone else, stasis tombs scattered across the sector, self-styled inheritors of the xel’naga (like the forgotten SC1 manual protoss), etc.

Also the protoss empire never extended beyond koprulu. Those details in the SC1 manual about hundreds maybe thousands of worlds across an eighth of the galaxy are seemingly retconned out of existence. How the hell are these washed out has-beens considered a galactic power?

This is your typical special snowflake bullshit with an extra helping of ignoring the lore despite a bloody wiki keeping track for you. Did an intern write this?

Seriously, it took me all of ten seconds to decide they were cooler as mad scientists who ignored the Conclave’s ban on abusing xel’naga tech. They have a khala based on creepy void crystals, because science! That makes far more sense for self-styled inheritors of the xel’naga legacy IMO.

Also, the Cerberus zerg should totally have existed since before the first contact war. It’s not a stretch for the Confederacy to pull that creepy cyber surgery shit while in power.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    So far, VoK. We don't know if they're be as vicious or more. If SC3 ever comes out (give it a few decades), we'll get to learn about them.
    You really believe that? You sweet summer child.