Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Starcraft FPS canceled

Default Re: New Starcraft FPS canceled

For both Rage 2 and New Dawn it at least offered a new look to the post apocalypse, bright and vibrant instead of just the dark and grim like so many others chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    I wonder how much of it is due to branding.
    Yeah, killing things is supposed to be fun, bright and mirthful!

War and death having consequences? Silly rabbit, cynicism is for losers! (for now)
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    Yeah, killing things is supposed to be fun, bright and mirthful!
    Tell that to war veterans who came home only with the mentality of "I need to do more killing, I can't stop anymore." In their heads you can argue it was fun and bright for them.

I'm heartbroken. This is awful. Y'all are probably right about the branding. It's pretty sad that nobody (game producerwise) likes grit anymore. Grit was my childhood: Star Fox (SNES), Mechwarrior, and Starcraft too. I like that stuff. Lots of people do. But I guess only the babies matter anymore. Well, to be fair, they are the ones with the time to spend playing video games.

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

This is Blizzard we're talking here, Nissa. Being heartbroken and disappointed is to be expected nowadays. Once hell freezes over, they'll change their ways and you'll like them again.

It's pretty sad that nobody (game producerwise) likes grit anymore.
    Nah, we still get gritty titles and they do well like Sekiro, Doom, etc. Even the new Mario is grittier than any Mario ever made except maybe Mario RPG:

(yes, this is in a Mario game somehow XD)

It's just that the corporate Pixar crap is what's trendy right now. There was a time when gritty was the norm and friendly franchises turned edge-lord:

From

to

From

to

etc.

I'd argue that this wasn't necessarily for the best though I do miss the music from that era and can't stand the garbage that's popular right now(trap music is just the worst...). We need balance but that's just not how corporations operate unfortunately.

The one StarCraft thing that was mildly interesting and they cancel it in favor (partially) of some Overwatch garbage?

Fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserStratosTygo View Post
    The one StarCraft thing that was mildly interesting and they cancel it in favor (partially) of some Overwatch garbage?

Fuck off.
    What did you actually expect was going to happen, Stratos?

I'm not calling you a liar, Sandwich, I'm just having trouble believing that Bomberman went from that to...that. Wow. Sure is something.

I guess maybe "grit" isn't quite the right word I'm going for. As much as you can call stuff like your examples gritty in tone, the feeling is...different from what I'm trying (and likely failing) to say. There was a certain...welcoming feeling of cold openness. A void, if you will. Not grit as in guns and violence, grit as in a grimy world that is odd, sinister, and yet changes you for the better, in a grim sort of way.

I dunno. It's hard to put into words.

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    What did you actually expect was going to happen, Stratos?
    Literally what just happened.

Its still disappointing nonetheless.