Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What if SC1/BW was remade as DLC for SC2?

Default Re: What if SC1/BW was remade as DLC for SC2?

Quote Originally Posted by drakolobo View Post
    manual does not say that, the queen and overlord are only relays(an overlord even has a hard time concentrating to organize a twenty-something zerg without a cerebrate or kerrigan), commissioned operational details(fine control) such as keeping groups of individuals monitored to keep the swarm healthy, the cerebrate are highly intelligent, and were not able to touch the sOvermind, because it was created to depend , and so the swarms depended absurdly on his cerebrate and became harmful to the other zerg if they were killed, intelligent kerrigan could not rebel and she knew that is for this she was terrified of the maturation of the second overmind. if the tassadar kerrigan sacrifice had not come to anything. Kerrigan alludes to the broodmother queens as a substitute for cerebrate and more inteligents already a danger issues for Kerrigan broodmother was design with limitations so as not to endanger her status, but sufficiently capable of keeping the zerg alive if she dies ,she was always a defective substitute for the swarm mind and would not raise a competition to herself (and suppose that even after its primal version, this remains the same since things like torrasrque to a need nuclear fuel to exist )

The queen of the blades was also created faithful but with a fidelity dependent on the existence of the overmind and that is the trick of jumping the directive of Amon, the overmind created these defects under the pretext of a design outside the box to dominate its enemies
    Uh huh. I just got the impression that Blizzard was making things up as they went along without a care in the world. The SC1 manual's version of events where the Overmind is the big bad evil guy setting everything up is way more interesting (and simpler to understand) in my opinion than the bizarre QoB and Amon plots.

It was because Blizzard wanted us to fight a more powerful enemy, though they didn't have to make that a Xel'Naga. They also wanted Kerrigan's redemption, which would have been just fine had HotS's story been more consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    It was because Blizzard wanted us to fight a more powerful enemy, though they didn't have to make that a Xel'Naga. They also wanted Kerrigan's redemption, which would have been just fine had HotS's story been more consistent.
    Uh huh.

I think Blizzard mishandled everything from the start. The constant need for sequels to introduce new and increasing stakes that overturn the status quo is a problem.

What would have worked better is if Blizzard took an approach similar to 40k. Create a backdrop of interstellar war, and then write anthology stories within that backdrop that don't disrupt the status quo.

Preferably a status quo with the Confederacy, Conclave, and Overmind as the governments as in the SC1 manual, because they have built-in reasons to fight indefinitely. The current SC2 status quo with Dominion, Daelaam, and Overqueen doesn't promote the believable constant conflict that the lore of an RTS deserves.

I didn't mind Zagara being overqueen, it gave her a title to set her apart from the other broodmothers. Having said that it's a shame they left Shadow Wars with the situation via Niadra unresolved. Would have been nice to see how Zagara would have handled her.

I didn't mind Zagara being overqueen, it gave her a title to set her apart from the other broodmothers. Having said that it's a shame they left Shadow Wars with the situation via Niadra unresolved. Would have been nice to see how Zagara would have handled her.
    I do not hold my breath. Zagara and Niadra are bland and uninteresting.

For Niadra you can say that because we only got 1 mission with her in HotS.

For Niadra you can say that because we only got 1 mission with her in HotS.
    Let me spell it out for you. Cerebrates rule, brood moms drool.

Starcraft lore is a dumpster fire and it always has been since Metzen casually butchered the Confederacy, Conclave and Overmind so that he could wank to Kerry who is based on his druggie ex-girlfriend. It will stay a dumpster fire as long as it is in the hands of Blizzard, who suck at storytelling and always have/will.

The only thing that brings me joy is the knowledge that life extension technology means I will probably still be alive in a century when the copyright on Starcraft expires and I can finally fund and publish the deep serious philosophical version of the story that I always wanted to see but never got because Blizzard be dumb.

Not all of us see it that way. And it's still no different than you not willing to listen to anyone's opinions but your own.

Not all of us see it that way. And it's still no different than you not willing to listen to anyone's opinions but your own.
    Would you please write your story that is supposed to salvage the plot? Blizzard is not going to do it for you. I long ago gave up on my attempt at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mislagnissa View Post
    Would you please write your story that is supposed to salvage the plot? Blizzard is not going to do it for you. I long ago gave up on my attempt at it.
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/sc...-today/2437/29

Read this thread, Mislag. I need to take care of my real life situation first. As of this moment, that's still at least 18 months away.