Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 61

Thread: What if SC1/BW was remade as DLC for SC2?

  1. #51

    Default Re: What if SC1/BW was remade as DLC for SC2?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mislagnissa View Post
    I never said I minded the Cerberus skins, nor the idea of enslavement with technology. Indeed, I think they are appropriate for campaigns set during the first war.
    Personally after I first saw the Cerberus zerg skins and how they were controlling the zerg, I immediately wondered if Blizzard took a page out of Dudki's Annihilation campaign for the idea....

  2. #52

    Default Re: What if SC1/BW was remade as DLC for SC2?

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Personally after I first saw the Cerberus zerg skins and how they were controlling the zerg, I immediately wondered if Blizzard took a page out of Dudki's Annihilation campaign for the idea....
    Enslaved, lobotomized and cyborg zerg have been around for years in the lore before Annihilation was written.

  3. #53

    Default Re: What if SC1/BW was remade as DLC for SC2?

    The first two yes, given the UED's part in dissecting the zerg in a lab. Not sure on the 3rd one though....

  4. #54

    Default Re: What if SC1/BW was remade as DLC for SC2?

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    The first two yes, given the UED's part in dissecting the zerg in a lab. Not sure on the 3rd one though....
    If we're going to think about this reasonably, then there's no compelling reason why Cerberus zerg couldn't have existed during or even prior to the first war.

    Heck, I can't think of any reason why we couldn't have a brood war with the Overmind still alive.

    According to Q&As and other sources, QoB was apparently equal to or greater than the Overmind, yet there were still brood wars throughout her reign.

    According to the SC1 manual, the Overmind's control wasn't absolute. It could only increase the intelligence of queens and overlords so far while keeping them loyal, and then it still required xel'naga knowledge. The Surtur brood is loyal, but prone to causing collateral damage and needing to be keep subdued outside of battle. The Fenris brood sometimes operates in the capacity to hunt down rogue zerg, long before this became a problem in Koprulu.

    Uprising novel depicted zerg responding to terran psychics' commands while the Overmind was alive. The classic battle net strategy compendium says the zerg are devoted to the Overmind rather than enslaved. Enslavers depicts a brood being enslaved while the Overmind is alive. Insurrection depicts a brood going berserk while the Overmind lives.

    I could go on but I think I've made my point.

  5. #55

    Default Re: What if SC1/BW was remade as DLC for SC2?

    Hence this is why I plan someday to write a novel to explain the whole zerg control thing with Kerrigan, instead of just the Deus Ex Machina crap reason Blizzard gave.

  6. #56

    Default Re: What if SC1/BW was remade as DLC for SC2?

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Hence this is why I plan someday to write a novel to explain the whole zerg control thing with Kerrigan, instead of just the Deus Ex Machina crap reason Blizzard gave.
    Indeed? I had a similar idea for all of questionable plot points in canon starting from SC1 onward. I asked around on the SCLore discord, and they told me to give up.

  7. #57

    Default Re: What if SC1/BW was remade as DLC for SC2?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mislagnissa View Post
    Indeed? I had a similar idea for all of questionable plot points in canon starting from SC1 onward. I asked around on the SCLore discord, and they told me to give up.
    Remember though, I didn't dive deeper into the SC universe until after WoL's release, so the majority of the time I use the SC2 lore. Therefore, you have to accept SOME level of fantasy to all this.

  8. #58

    Default Re: What if SC1/BW was remade as DLC for SC2?

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Remember though, I didn't dive deeper into the SC universe until after WoL's release, so the majority of the time I use the SC2 lore. Therefore, you have to accept SOME level of fantasy to all this.
    They told me that they know it doesn't make sense and they don't care. They like arguing over trivial minutiae.

  9. #59

    Default Re: What if SC1/BW was remade as DLC for SC2?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mislagnissa View Post
    They told me that they know it doesn't make sense and they don't care. They like arguing over trivial minutiae.
    Not to you and some others. I still plan to find some way to tie it together.

  10. #60

    Default Re: What if SC1/BW was remade as DLC for SC2?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mislagnissa View Post
    According to the SC1 manual, the Overmind's control wasn't absolute. It could only increase the intelligence of queens and overlords so far while keeping them loyal, and then it still required xel'naga knowledge. The Surtur brood is loyal, but prone to causing collateral damage and needing to be keep subdued outside of battle. The Fenris brood sometimes operates in the capacity to hunt down rogue zerg, long before this became a problem in Koprulu.
    manual does not say that, the queen and overlord are only relays(an overlord even has a hard time concentrating to organize a twenty-something zerg without a cerebrate or kerrigan), commissioned operational details(fine control) such as keeping groups of individuals monitored to keep the swarm healthy, the cerebrate are highly intelligent, and were not able to touch the sOvermind, because it was created to depend , and so the swarms depended absurdly on his cerebrate and became harmful to the other zerg if they were killed, intelligent kerrigan could not rebel and she knew that is for this she was terrified of the maturation of the second overmind. if the tassadar kerrigan sacrifice had not come to anything. Kerrigan alludes to the broodmother queens as a substitute for cerebrate and more inteligents already a danger issues for Kerrigan broodmother was design with limitations so as not to endanger her status, but sufficiently capable of keeping the zerg alive if she dies ,she was always a defective substitute for the swarm mind and would not raise a competition to herself (and suppose that even after its primal version, this remains the same since things like torrasrque to a need nuclear fuel to exist )

    The queen of the blades was also created faithful but with a fidelity dependent on the existence of the overmind and that is the trick of jumping the directive of Amon, the overmind created these defects under the pretext of a design outside the box to dominate its enemies
    Last edited by drakolobo; 09-14-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. After Omega Remade for StarCraft II
    By Xeo in forum StarCraft II Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-13-2010, 08:06 AM
  2. Would you like StarCraft and Broodwar remade using SC2?
    By UED in forum StarCraft II Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-27-2009, 12:09 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •