Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What if SC1/BW was remade as DLC for SC2?

Default Re: What if SC1/BW was remade as DLC for SC2?

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    I never read from Lord22 on ff.net

As for the whole salvaging, last I checked you just wanted to smash the whole thing and start over from scratch anyway
    Yes. Other authors already salvaged the canon plot outline and I still found it uninteresting.

Furthermore, Blizzard is going to keep retconning themselves into oblivion. Just yesterday they introduced the ihan-rii as yet another lost protoss tribe.

Mark my words, they will add more in the future. Just like they did for the night elves.

I already saw the skins, I don't mind another fanatical protoss tribe.

I already saw the skins, I don't mind another fanatical protoss tribe.
    Their background is the same as the taldarim with a few cosmetic tweaks. They use void instead of khala, worship xelínaga, etc.

The taldarim and ihanrii are ultimately rip-offs of the nerazim. They have no decent justification to exist as distinct groups rather than tribes of nerazim.

It took me five minutes to write the three genuinely distinct cultures. Long story short: nerazim = jedi, taldarim = sith lords and dark eldar, ihanrii = mad scientists.

EDIT: For that matter, the khalai also worship the xelínaga.
    Last edited by Mislagnissa; 08-16-2019 at 03:22 PM.

The Khalai once did until Khas felt they only needed each other. Then only the Shelak tribe did.

For me the Tal'darim are fine to exist as a distinct group, we haven't seen any evidence that substantial amounts of nerazim left Aiur during the Aeon of Strife. Besides it was fine to have a protoss tribe bound by a more brutal code. As for the ihanrii, I want to see if the skins will eventually lead to more lore info on them first.

The Khalai once did until Khas felt they only needed each other. Then only the Shelak tribe did.

For me the Tal'darim are fine to exist as a distinct group, we haven't seen any evidence that substantial amounts of nerazim left Aiur during the Aeon of Strife. Besides it was fine to have a protoss tribe bound by a more brutal code. As for the ihanrii, I want to see if the skins will eventually lead to more lore info on them first.
    The canon isnít consistent about protoss religion. The protoss have a saying ďthe gods watch over you.Ē

Have you calculated the protoss timeline? I did and it turns that a protoss generation is about a century and a half. Raszagal lived a millennium, but many generations passed for the dark templar. Demioch was 169 when he conceived Edullon.

I'm not terribly fond of these Ihan Rii. They infringe on the Dark Templar's role as void walkers who sometimes utilize Xel'Naga artifacts. But this seems to be Blizzard's MO when conceiving new Protoss and Zerg factions: creatio ex nihilo. Why go through the hassle of having a culturally and politically distinct faction organically stem from an existing polity, when we can just literally pull them out of nothing? To an extent, the Tal'Darim make sense; from the beginning of SC vanilla I always suspected the Xel'Naga took with them some adherents as they ventured forth from Aiur. But having them be Dark Eldar expies is the same level of laziness as the UED's debut in BW-- just using existing units for what should be a technologically-distinct faction, in this case the TDs stole all of their tech.

I continue to fantasize and write about a faction of Tal'Darim, the Naz'Uhlim, who, after defecting to the Daelaam and being weaned off Terrazine, discover their own miniature Khala. The cultural and political implications from such a development could be earth shaking for all protoss factions.
    Last edited by Visions of Khas; 08-17-2019 at 10:26 AM.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Quote Originally Posted by Mislagnissa View Post
    The canon isn’t consistent about protoss religion. The protoss have a saying “the gods watch over you.”

Have you calculated the protoss timeline? I did and it turns that a protoss generation is about a century and a half. Raszagal lived a millennium, but many generations passed for the dark templar. Demioch was 169 when he conceived Edullon.
    I'll get back into this once I get over the trauma of my family member's passing a few hours ago, Mislag.

I'll get back into this once I get over the trauma of my family member's passing a few hours ago, Mislag.
    Iím so sorry. Iíve lost people too. You are not alone. You are never alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mislagnissa View Post
    I’m so sorry. I’ve lost people too. You are not alone. You are never alone.
    She was my last grandparent, now I've lost her too.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/sc...saw-today/2437

Here Mislag. Read post 23 (or was it 21, somewhere around there). I've told my story in there, it's a long post. You'll see why I chose sympathy towards Kerrigan's character.

She was my last grandparent, now I've lost her too.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/sc...saw-today/2437

Here Mislag. Read post 23 (or was it 21, somewhere around there). I've told my story in there, it's a long post. You'll see why I chose sympathy towards Kerrigan's character.
    I really do not understand how people do not empathize with Kerrgan, her behavior is very human in the situation she is in, people are not perfect, nor do they apply logic all the time or act under standards and less when they do not get emotional support. they justify any fault even if it is a lack of congruence, her section of the story basically shows that she is :an antihero is and her campaing is a revenge story
    Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    I'm not terribly fond of these Ihan Rii. They infringe on the Dark Templar's role as void walkers who sometimes utilize Xel'Naga artifacts. But this seems to be Blizzard's MO when conceiving new Protoss and Zerg factions: creatio ex nihilo. Why go through the hassle of having a culturally and politically distinct faction organically stem from an existing polity, when we can just literally pull them out of nothing? To an extent, the Tal'Darim make sense; from the beginning of SC vanilla I always suspected the Xel'Naga took with them some adherents as they ventured forth from Aiur. But having them be Dark Eldar expies is the same level of laziness as the UED's debut in BW-- just using existing units for what should be a technologically-distinct faction, in this case the TDs stole all of their tech.

I continue to fantasize and write about a faction of Tal'Darim, the Naz'Uhlim, who, after defecting to the Daelaam and being weaned off Terrazine, discover their own miniature Khala. The cultural and political implications from such a development could be earth shaking for all protoss factions.
    I can agree on that although while we are talking about a universe of fiction and not a monolithic narrative body of a novel, looking to go past to extend the tradition by creating newthings instead of working on the material already built becomes very common with protoss
    Last edited by drakolobo; 08-19-2019 at 07:31 PM.