Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How dead actually is Starcraft?

Default Re: How dead actually is Starcraft?

You don't want to be convinced because you refuse to accept people can change. Now granted, given all that happened in the SC universe, that's going to take a serious amount of time, but it still can happen.

As for you saying games having shit standards, that's more you having too high a standard yourself. You said it before that if you were to create a storyline you won't be able to please everyone either. You going to interpret the people who hate your story as utter buffoons who have no clue what they're talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    You don't want to be convinced because you refuse to accept people can change. Now granted, given all that happened in the SC universe, that's going to take a serious amount of time, but it still can happen.

As for you saying games having shit standards, that's more you having too high a standard yourself. You said it before that if you were to create a storyline you won't be able to please everyone either. You going to interpret the people who hate your story as utter buffoons who have no clue what they're talking about?
    The only reason I was interested in the zerg was because they were villainous protagonists. Blizzard systematically ruined them. You donít seem to realize how damaging that is to my enjoyment.

I would have been content writing fanfic that fixes that, but people like you insist on sucking out my motivation. I havenít been able to write in months because of people like you. None of my stories have passed a few thousand words and even that much was a painful chore.

I can totally accept criticism and I have rewritten my work in response to constructive criticism. What you are doing is gatekeeping. You are saying that anything that does not meet your narrow standards is not allowed into Starcraft fandom.

That bloody blows.

I had well-meaning people tell me multiple times that my interest in Starcraft is not good for my mental health and that I should abandon it. Those people said Starcraft is shit that doesnít deserve attention. Theyíre right, but I bloody canít do that easily because there is nowhere else to go.

To make them as something else is merely proof that people can change, this applies to alien species as well. That's why I don't condone what Evolution did, though it was happening too quickly.

I'm curious to know if those people felt SC went down the drain because of what happened in HotS. On ff.net, fic activity was still reasonable after WoL....

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    To make them as something else is merely proof that people can change, this applies to alien species as well. That's why I don't condone what Evolution did, though it was happening too quickly.

I'm curious to know if those people felt SC went down the drain because of what happened in HotS. On ff.net, fic activity was still reasonable after WoL....
    It shouldn't happen at all. As I said, the zerg are not the formics or the rachni. Their whole shtick is that they eat everyone else in order to fuel their metamorphosis. It makes no sense for them to ever have peace because they get no benefit out of it. They get every benefit out of eating everything else. Everyone they aren't eating is a potential threat.

I don't understand how you consistently fail to grasp that. Why do you want to turn the zerg into space hippies? Do you get enjoyment out of it?

Let's try the same thing in reverse... do you want to depict the terrans or protoss turning into bloodthirsty cannibals only interested in eating everyone else? If not, then you're a hypocrite.

In any case, these discussions aren't healthy for me. I'm going to take a break. Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Mislagnissa View Post
    It shouldn't happen at all. As I said, the zerg are not the formics or the rachni. Their whole shtick is that they eat everyone else in order to fuel their metamorphosis. It makes no sense for them to ever have peace because they get no benefit out of it. They get every benefit out of eating everything else. Everyone they aren't eating is a potential threat.

I don't understand how you consistently fail to grasp that. Why do you want to turn the zerg into space hippies? Do you get enjoyment out of it?

Let's try the same thing in reverse... do you want to depict the terrans or protoss turning into bloodthirsty cannibals only interested in eating everyone else? If not, then you're a hypocrite.
    Given our barbarian history, it's not entirely inaccurate to portray terrans as just that. It really makes you wonder how we would have evolved if laws and religion that turned us into a civilized society were never invented....

Scientists measure a second as the duration of 9,192,631,770 periods
    of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine
    levels of the ground state of the caesium 133 atom.
    Or the duration of 9,192,631,770 matches where David Kim crushes you head to head in StarCraft 2

It's a shame. They still claim they never cancelled Ghost, it's just put on the "on hold" shelf.