Thread: Brand new, unseen Xel'Naga and Hybrid Concept Art from The Cinematic Art of StarCraft

Default Brand new, unseen Xel'Naga and Hybrid Concept Art from The Cinematic Art of StarCraft

Took these pictures myself, here you go!

Link:
    https://imgur.com/a/pQvlU8r

EDIT: From the same artbook, here's a concept that seemingly implies the idea that Kerrigan's "armor" is actually creep, and that the Xel'Naga artifact purges it from her body. So basically, the Venom Symbiote...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/c...gans_infested/

Looks like they drew inspiration from fan art for some of the Hybrid designs:
    https://www.deviantart.com/brandonpa...olor-352721362

They also took the whole "Kerrigan gets de-infested and leaves with Raynor" plot line from a few fan campaigns. Duran being a Xel'Naga shapeshifter, as well. But yeah, we already know about these. I wish Blizzard's story team would've surprised us more when it comes to SC2's story instead of catering to expectations and rehashing fan ideas.
    Last edited by Alex06; 02-23-2019 at 03:09 AM.

Kudos to Arkceangel for the Terran avatar and sig!

Default Re: Brand new, unseen Xel'Naga and Hybrid Concept Art from The Cinematic Art of StarC

I'm surprised Blizzard even paid attention to the fan campaigns. I thought they never looked at such things.

For her armor to be creep seems weird, and it adds the Deus Ex Machina concept to the Keystone again, something Blizzard said they wanted to avoid.

Default Re: Brand new, unseen Xel'Naga and Hybrid Concept Art from The Cinematic Art of StarC

From the same artbook, here's a concept that seemingly implies the idea that Kerrigan's "armor" is actually creep, and that the Xel'Naga artifact purges it from her body. So basically, the Venom Symbiote...
    Never thought of that. I kinda dig the idea. A lot of stuff that happened would have been A LOT more palatable if they would have played that angle I think.

If it was really creep, the protoss experiments via K-Pax would have been so much more beneficial....

art in devian art is good, i dont lie firts concept in the book is like SAuron
    everything that has to do with the aspect and transformation of kerrigan that we missed had to do too much with saving time and money
    Last edited by drakolobo; 02-24-2019 at 03:27 PM.

I'm unsure why the infested High Templar has four legs, at least from the books of it. You'd think he should only have two. But then again, Ethan Stewart was given extra arms when Kerrigan infested him in the DT Saga....

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    I'm surprised Blizzard even paid attention to the fan campaigns. I thought they never looked at such things.

For her armor to be creep seems weird, and it adds the Deus Ex Machina concept to the Keystone again, something Blizzard said they wanted to avoid.
    Most of the ideas presented in SC2 were pre-empted in various fan campaigns and fan fiction. The writing quality of the canon campaigns is on the same level as bad fanfiction.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    Never thought of that. I kinda dig the idea. A lot of stuff that happened would have been A LOT more palatable if they would have played that angle I think.
    It creates plot holes, though. If the zerg have the ability to arbitrary build any desired structure out of creep, why don’t they make their entire armies out of it like the Gauna in Knights of Sidonia?

If it was really creep, the protoss experiments via K-Pax would have been so much more beneficial....
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by drakolobo View Post
    art in devian art is good, i dont lie firts concept in the book is like SAuron
    everything that has to do with the aspect and transformation of kerrigan that we missed had to do too much with saving time and money
    The Overmind is basically the eye of Sauron.

I'm unsure why the infested High Templar has four legs, at least from the books of it. You'd think he should only have two. But then again, Ethan Stewart was given extra arms when Kerrigan infested him in the DT Saga....
    Plot hole! If the zerg could create any body plan they wanted, they wouldn’t need to assimilate other species.

Let's just say the protoss efforts to try and manipulate it might have yielded better results in exterminating the creep altogether, had they actually continued the experimentation despite the casualties, instead of just abandoning it.