Thread: Making a Game and Whining about it

Default Making a Game and Whining about it

Redacted. So I am part of a game making club and stuff, but there's a limit to how much whining one can do. I don't need to go on about it.

Feel free to delete this thread.
    Last edited by Nissa; 02-18-2019 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Sometimes too much whining is too much

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

Default Re: Making a Game and Whining about it

I'm sure there are good groups out there that somehow manage to self organize but, without anyone with a strong vision for the project, good luck ever releasing anything. Better to find a group that already has a good direction. Seems the group you're in want you to come up with the vision but you seem more like you want someone else to tell you the vision. So yeah, looks like a bad match.

Default Re: Making a Game and Whining about it

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    I'm sure there are good groups out there that somehow manage to self organize but, without anyone with a strong vision for the project, good luck ever releasing anything. Better to find a group that already has a good direction. Seems the group you're in want you to come up with the vision but you seem more like you want someone else to tell you the vision. So yeah, looks like a bad match.
    I can't believe I didn't see this reply before. Anyway, it's basically the exact same for everyone in the group, apparently. Everybody kept thinking someone else had the vision, I guess. Now that things have settled down...it's interesting. Apparently what happens every year is that the club starts with a bunch of members, then they suddenly drop off to a trickle. Some of us are still attached to the project, but basically what's going to happen from now on is that we'll contribute what we can, and hopefully the next semester will get somewhere with it.

It's a school group, so what are you going to do?

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.