Thread: What if the campaigns were independent?

Default What if the campaigns were independent?

A question that just occurred to me was "What if the Starcraft campaigns occurred independently of one another, and were possibly combined into a single narrative by the sequel game, as in Warcraft 1 and Warcraft 2?"

I thought this on such short notice that I do not have an answer prepared, so I am throwing it out here to see what anyone else thinks first.

Before anyone replies too hastily, this question does not require any of the campaigns to have occurred as they did in canon. You are free to make up your own scenarios that follow from the setup explained in the manual.

Default Re: What if the campaigns were independent?

Warcraft 1 and 2 is weird with how it's story turns out in the end because each of their campaigns ends conclusively with total victory over the other side. Whilst we're led to believe some of the events in each of those campaigns occurred, the endings are not really canon until the next sequel game comes out to tell us who exactly won (ie: the Human victory in WC1 is not canon because Wc2 says the Orcs won and the Orc victory in Wc2 is made non-canon because of BtDP).

I think a better example to cite is C&C3, where all the events in both GDI and Nod campaigns occur concurrently and both endings are viable/possible at the same time.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Default Re: What if the campaigns were independent?

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    Warcraft 1 and 2 is weird with how it's story turns out in the end because each of their campaigns ends conclusively with total victory over the other side. Whilst we're led to believe some of the events in each of those campaigns occurred, the endings are not really canon until the next sequel game comes out to tell us who exactly won (ie: the Human victory in WC1 is not canon because Wc2 says the Orcs won and the Orc victory in Wc2 is made non-canon because of BtDP).

I think a better example to cite is C&C3, where all the events in both GDI and Nod campaigns occur concurrently and both endings are viable/possible at the same time.
    Since this is just speculation then anything is fair game. I am interested in all possibilities.