Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What are good reasons for the zerg to not use technology?

Default Re: What are good reasons for the zerg to not use technology?

Quote Originally Posted by Mislagnissa View Post
    That is a stupid reason to ally with the zerg, especially after Kerry publicly murdered Aldaris. It makes no sense the protoss even let her go free after that. The UED are human and can be reasoned with. They are motivated by fear of the threat posed by the aliens, so it should be possible to convince them to exterminate the zerg preemptively. Instead Raynor teams up with his enemies against the apparent good guys for no sensible reason. Even if the UED were still nazis, they are still better than a swarm of alien locusts that want to exterminate humanity.

The canon plot is nonsensical and we are wasting our time by arguing over it. We are better amateur writers than Metzen is a professional writer, so a better use of our time is to write fanfiction about what StarCraft could have been if Blizzard had hired a competent writer.
    Again it just shows how your version of "to be pleased" is being set too high. Personally I never really felt Raynor gave a damn on Aldaris's part. Back in SC1 upon encountering him (via transmission), it was clear Raynor felt Aldaris was too arrogant for his own good

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Again it just shows how your version of "to be pleased" is being set too high.
    That is not a valid argument. That is a logical fallacy.

That is not a valid argument. That is a logical fallacy.
    You'd do well to understand "to be please" depends on standards, and in your case you've raised it too high

You'd do well to understand "to be please" depends on standards, and in your case you've raised it too high
    That is still a logical fallacy, ad hominem attack IIRC, and in a formal debate you would be considered arguing in bad faith.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt... my standards are not too high. I am using children's shows as my standard, so my standards are extremely low to begin with.

Why do you defend Starcraft's garbage of a narrative? It is not worth defending.

That is still a logical fallacy, ad hominem attack IIRC, and in a formal debate you would be considered arguing in bad faith.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt... my standards are not too high. I am using children's shows as my standard, so my standards are extremely low to begin with.

Why do you defend Starcraft's garbage of a narrative? It is not worth defending.
    Alan Moore are you?

So you keep telling yourself with the whole not too high. Given how you've even said the BW story was crap.....

So you keep telling yourself with the whole not too high. Given how you've even said the BW story was crap.....
    The BW story is reliant on plot holes, idiotic behavior and retcons. Even as a standalone story it is pretty bad.

In Episode 4 the hopeful ending of SC1 is retconned to a bad ending. The protoss have to evacuate using only a xel'naga warp gate, even though they were previously established to possess mastery of FTL drives and wormhole travel already as part of the game mechanics so they could easily evacuate using their own technology. The zerg are magically already established on Shakuras as soon as they arrive even though the zerg only had the same gate to access it. Not only that, but Shakuras has a magical xel'naga temple which can destroy the zerg even though there is no way the xel'naga could have built it since they were destroyed by the zerg shortly after creating them and thus had no time to build an anti-zerg weapon on another planet thousands of light years away. For no apparent reason, the deus ex machina temple requires two magic crystals to work and these crystals are on Char and a random terran planet. Kerry arrives, somehow able to control her own brood, and asks the protoss to help her kill her rivals in exchange for helping them find the crystals. Rather than, I don't know... capturing and imprisoning her as an existential threat, ripping the necessary information from her mind with their psychic powers and then killing her once she no longer serves a purpose, all capabilities they canonically possess and would logically be expected to do since they incinerated multiple terran planets and their millions of inhabitants for hosting zerg hive clusters... rather than doing that like smart people would be expected to do, instead they decide to ally with her like complete morons. When the protoss suspect she is transparently manipulating them (their stupidity is simply astounding by this point), Aldaris starts a rebellion (somehow convincing the khalai to join him without any compelling reason to convince them) rather than telling them his suspicions over the radio and then Kerry kills him in front of the other protoss leaders. In the single most idiotic decision they could possibly make, the protoss allow her to leave rather than executing her right then and there because murdering a foreign leader in front of his peers is a declaration of war!

Episodes 5 and 6 are similarly terrible.

The protoss never favored Aldaris given the Conclave's stupidity, Zeratul made that clear back in SC1. As for what Kerrigan did, let's just say back then it was their honor and principle code and such. This was why after BW (but before any info was out for SC2), many had believed the protoss would have ignored this when dealing with Kerrigan yet again.

The protoss never favored Aldaris given the Conclave's stupidity, Zeratul made that clear back in SC1. As for what Kerrigan did, let's just say back then it was their honor and principle code and such. This was why after BW (but before any info was out for SC2), many had believed the protoss would have ignored this when dealing with Kerrigan yet again.
    Those excuses are not remotely plausible and you did not address the many other plot holes I mentioned. Face it: the story is garbage. Metzen himself admitted he considers the godawful story of SC/BW an embarrassment to his writing career. He cannot even remember why he killed off Tassadar, especially considering any other dark templar could have substituted for him because the backstory previously explained they nearly destroyed their home world.

Tassadar being killed off was fine, it was a noble sacrifice. It was only a shame his sacrifice didn't end the zerg threat as we had hoped for.

Anyways for your version of what's not remotely plausible, this only again shows your standards will never match the average. If we follow your logic, the whole franchise should be scrapped and we should go all the way back to the drawing board. And trust me, they're not going to so that (well, as far as I know).

Now, returning to the evacuation of Aiur via the warp gate, it's possible they were trying to address the fact that Aiur was reduced to a wasteland to the point where virtually NOTHING was left for FTL travel. Remember, Aldaris specifically said without their fleets, they have to fend for themselves.

For the zerg to come to Shakuras, it was already said they took control of the gate on Aiur. It's possible that the Overmind DID share some of his knowledge of protoss tech with the cerebrates and such, in the event the protoss tried to escape the planet.

For the Xel'Naga temple on Shakuras, they could have built it to kill off other species. It was never stated it'd ONLY kill off species uplifted by the Xel'Naga. For the Uraj and Khalis, it's possible that those were just the power batteries to power to temple. They were cut from Khaydarin crystals, but it's possible they were meant to work long before they were infused with Khala and Void energies. Kerrigan's actions in arriving on Shakuras and why the protoss gave her a chance is because Tassadar aside, they didn't know what kind of a person she was prior to infestation, unlike Raynor.

Bottom line all you're saying is that NOTHING in the storyline was worth anything and they should just remove the franchise altogether. In some ways it'd be quite interesting to see you write your own SC story and have it be criticized. Something tells me you've never been on the receiving end of the stick.