Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What comes after "SC3: The UED Strikes Back"? What is the plot of SC4? 5? 23?

Default Re: What comes after "SC3: The UED Strikes Back"? What is the plot of SC4? 5? 23?

The same thing happened with Ben 10 when I still followed it (I was starved for quality animation). Every single toy had its own alien species profile included with explanations of culture and superpowers. The alien force and ultimate alien toys were terrible in design most of the time. At least on the bright side Ben 10 has a thriving rule34 fandom so new aliens means new sex scenes in art and fanfic.

Default Re: What comes after "SC3: The UED Strikes Back"? What is the plot of SC4? 5? 23?

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    Yeah but there’s lore for the skins, and Blizzard says all the lore they release is canon, which is why there’s a wiki page about these skins now.
    Wait, when did Blizzard say that? I thought they were releasing the skins merely for the sake of people thinking they looked cool....

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Wait, when did Blizzard say that? I thought they were releasing the skins merely for the sake of people thinking they looked cool....
    Yes and no. The skins are intended to sell. All the skins have some sort of support in the lore, no matter how tenuous, obscure or out-of-left-field it may be. For example, the zerg skins are based on environmental variants (aquatic, feral, jungle). Some skins may be pan-racial, such as the junkers (terrans who salvage protoss and zerg units). A number of the co-op commanders use these skins to distinguish their units: for example, Zagara uses the leviathan brood skin.

Project Simulant( mix all description skin)=

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Project_Simulant

and the zerg robots also appear in the short stories where they train the reapers with robot hydralisk and in a warhound advertisement

golden age skin :nostalgic artistic movement, protoss khalai, who scream that the past was glorious (starcraft 1 was glorious!), which annoys the nerazim
    Last edited by drakolobo; 08-08-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Those are Terran units.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    Those are Terran units.
    And what's wrong with that? Them building bots that'd eventually come back to bite them is hardly anything new....

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    Assuming they do continue making story based content I'd say:
    -Alarak will be the main antagonist at some point.
    -UED will be back
    -They will introduce a new race that used to be under the protection of the Protoss but it will turn out that they were oppressed
    -They will alter the look of all current sub-faction to be more unique
    -They will introduce a new female protoss hero with DBZ super powers and they're going to try hard to make her look cool but overall she's just going to be cringy. Probably going to be an ex-Tal Darim
    -Nova will have a much greater role in the story. She will probably replace Raynor as the series' protagonist
    -There will be a zerg queen that will be part of the good guys forevah. Probably Zagara
    -Ulrezaj, the voice in the darkness and other EU stuff will not make an appearance
    -Duran will come back
    -Sgt Hammer, Blaze and Morales will become actual story characters and we will hate them.
    -Raynor and Kerrigan will have a small cameo but they won't be part of the main stories OR Kerrigan will give up her new god powers for some dumb reason and will take back the zerg

Also, there will be a spin-off before SC3. It will either be a mobile clash style game or a fps. The next real SC will have its story delivered in the form of repeatable co-op missions.
    That is so brutally correct. I want to argue against you but I can't. Um, I'll say that possibly it won't be a mobile game, because Blizz seems to have that going on already with other games. It seems more likely that it would be something...oh, I don't know, something in the realm of Metal Gear: Survive, in that it's a knock off and based on an overused, but tried-and-true gaming concept which can generate a lot of money from casual gamers. The only difference will be that the game will have smoother gameplay than MGS.

I don't know. It seems almost more likely that they'll just retire the franchise until they can buy a smaller company with more ambition to do something good for them. That seems to be how many of their games came to be.

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    I don't know. It seems almost more likely that they'll just retire the franchise until they can buy a smaller company with more ambition to do something good for them. That seems to be how many of their games came to be.
    For the time being that's probably the case. Maybe in like 80 or 90 years from now someone will think about picking it back up again.