Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: What comes after "SC3: The UED Strikes Back"? What is the plot of SC4? 5? 23?

  1. #11

    Default Re: What comes after "SC3: The UED Strikes Back"? What is the plot of SC4? 5? 23?

    Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    Don't know if it's just me or not, but I can't tell anymore whether these speculations are meant to be taken seriously or as jokes/trollbait or even both together at the same time. Bravo!
    With Mislag, you never know

  2. #12

    Default Re: What comes after "SC3: The UED Strikes Back"? What is the plot of SC4? 5? 23?

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    With Mislag, you never know
    I believe Tura is referring to the fact that Starcraft canon is so absurd that satirical predictions are indistinguishable from serious predictions, not to my writing style specifically. My predictions are meant to be serious with only the slightest hint of satire, mostly because the purpose of satire to point out the flaws of a work as a way of advocating reform.

    EDIT: I mean, the third war chest introduces robot zerg. Nobody could have predicted that.
    Last edited by Mislagnissa; 08-06-2018 at 11:08 AM.

  3. #13

    Default Re: What comes after "SC3: The UED Strikes Back"? What is the plot of SC4? 5? 23?

    Given theres a good chance its the terran training stuff from the comics, some prediction. did occur.

  4. #14

    Default Re: What comes after "SC3: The UED Strikes Back"? What is the plot of SC4? 5? 23?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nolanstar View Post
    Given theres a good chance its the terran training stuff from the comics, some prediction. did occur.
    When did anyone predict Blizz would turn an obscure manga plot point into an army skin?

  5. #15

    Default Re: What comes after "SC3: The UED Strikes Back"? What is the plot of SC4? 5? 23?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mislagnissa View Post
    EDIT: I mean, the third war chest introduces robot zerg. Nobody could have predicted that.
    Maybe not, but it's hardly surprising. Those things existed during the Ghost Academy comics, you can't say it's something Blizzard just recently pulled out of thin air.

  6. #16

    Default Re: What comes after "SC3: The UED Strikes Back"? What is the plot of SC4? 5? 23?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mislagnissa View Post
    When did anyone predict Blizz would turn an obscure manga plot point into an army skin?
    For the sake of looking cool, what else? In any case I'll have to find some way to put those to use in my future SC fic. The Dominion special forces, Mira's mercs, Leviathan Brood, Primal Zerg, Purifier and Tal'darim skins will already be utilized.

    For the next skin set, it's a shame we got the Umojan side of it all. Despite getting only brief mentions, at least it proved the Umojans haven't been forgotten in the SC universe. By comparison the Kel-Morians seemed to have gotten swept under the carpet. If nothing else, a part of me is hoping by the 4th war chest, the terran side will show off the Kel-Morian skins, since I'm not the only one who had been asking about what happened to them....

    Now, if you want to tie this to the lore itself, then I'd only accept such a thing of Blizzard openly tells the fans that they chose the Zerg bots because of the Ghost Academy comics and hope the fans would check it out (since I haven't read those anyway).

  7. #17

    Default Re: What comes after "SC3: The UED Strikes Back"? What is the plot of SC4? 5? 23?

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Maybe not, but it's hardly surprising. Those things existed during the Ghost Academy comics, you can't say it's something Blizzard just recently pulled out of thin air.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    For the sake of looking cool, what else? In any case I'll have to find some way to put those to use in my future SC fic. The Dominion special forces, Mira's mercs, Leviathan Brood, Primal Zerg, Purifier and Tal'darim skins will already be utilized.

    For the next skin set, it's a shame we got the Umojan side of it all. Despite getting only brief mentions, at least it proved the Umojans haven't been forgotten in the SC universe. By comparison the Kel-Morians seemed to have gotten swept under the carpet. If nothing else, a part of me is hoping by the 4th war chest, the terran side will show off the Kel-Morian skins, since I'm not the only one who had been asking about what happened to them....

    Now, if you want to tie this to the lore itself, then I'd only accept such a thing of Blizzard openly tells the fans that they chose the Zerg bots because of the Ghost Academy comics and hope the fans would check it out (since I haven't read those anyway).
    It still comes across as a desperate marketing ploy that screams "we ran out of ideas." Most of the skins and suggested ideas for skins come across that way. Robotic versions of all three races (purifier protoss, simulant zerg, "mecha" terran) feels like something more appropriate for a long-running toy franchise. It is a lame gimmick designed solely to make money.

    It does not add anything of value to the narrative universe, even as crappy as the narrative universe already is. Could it work in the hands of better writers? Maybe, but I cannot think of writers that would ever add that without a mandate from the toy company sponsoring them.

    EDIT: Who the heck is Mira? At this point SC has so many bland and unmemorable characters that I long ago stopped caring to keep track, but why do you like him enough to include in your fiction?

  8. #18

    Default Re: What comes after "SC3: The UED Strikes Back"? What is the plot of SC4? 5? 23?

    So? These are just extra cosmetics and they can be turned off. Of course they're a cash grab. They could sell topless Nova skins for all I care.

  9. #19
    Gradius's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    9,988

    Default Re: What comes after "SC3: The UED Strikes Back"? What is the plot of SC4? 5? 23?

    Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    So? These are just extra cosmetics and they can be turned off. Of course they're a cash grab. They could sell topless Nova skins for all I care.
    Yeah but there’s lore for the skins, and Blizzard says all the lore they release is canon, which is why there’s a wiki page about these skins now.

  10. #20

    Default Re: What comes after "SC3: The UED Strikes Back"? What is the plot of SC4? 5? 23?

    Yeah but there’s lore for the skins, and Blizzard says all the lore they release is canon
    Oh god... Nevermind, this is awful.

Similar Threads

  1. Restorations of "Project Bellwood" and "Templar Census" for your viewing pleasure!
    By Mislagnissa in forum StarCraft Universe Lore Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-02-2018, 04:15 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2014, 12:40 PM
  3. What are your thoughts on being "overpowered" or "underpowered"?
    By Gifted in forum StarCraft II Discussion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-02-2011, 01:22 AM
  4. Blizzard:"No plans for "specific" chatrooms, crossrealm play"
    By ArcherofAiur in forum StarCraft II Discussion
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 06-06-2010, 11:37 PM
  5. "Beta Profile Settings" are back to normal.
    By n00bonicPlague in forum StarCraft II Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 01:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •