Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why Amon makes no sense

Default Re: Why Amon makes no sense

Quote Originally Posted by Mislagnissa View Post
    Starcraft lore is whack. I read the wiki. There are numerous contradictions.

The article on the protoss empire states that it was declining and growing at the same time. The article on infestation says terrans are incompatible, but this never features in the games. The articles on infestation and hybrids say that protoss and zerg genes are simultaneously incompatible yet can be combined. Mengsk reads ahead in the script and sends Tychus to kill Kerry.

There are numerous analyses of the games showing that the writing is nonsensical. The “troubles with starcraft” wordpress blog, the “UA plays starcraft” threads, among others.

The lore changes according to the current whims of the writers. The plot of the games is lackluster at best. The characters are cardboard caricature puppets.

I really don’t understand people like you who unironically enjoy it. You might be able to turn your brains off, in which case kudos to you, but I cannot stand fiction which insults my intelligence.
    And I keep telling you I can work with the lore that was given in SC2. There's seems to be more the asking (from Tura's comments and such) on how you can be an SC fan at all given that you've done almost nothing but criticize

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    And I keep telling you I can work with the lore that was given in SC2. There's seems to be more the asking (from Tura's comments and such) on how you can be an SC fan at all given that you've done almost nothing but criticize
    Fans have the right to criticize the works they enjoy. Precisely because of they enjoy it, fans can be some of the harshest critics.

You might be able to work with the existing lore, at least until Blizzard retcons it again, but I cannot. I have to start over and figure out logical cause and effect relationships for everything.

Feel free to read and criticize my fanfiction. It is a reboot, but I am currently working on a chapter that introduces Alarak as an actor in the First Contact War. Where a previous chapter introduced the reader to the Protoss Empire and teased their cultural depths, Alarak's introductory chapter will tease the reader with glimpses at the cultures of the dark protoss who secretly live in the empire's shadow. I never liked how the games portrayed the judicator's fears as essentially baseless, despite the Aeon of Strife being a perfect example, so I am looking forward to showing that the dark protoss (nerazim, taldarim, whatever) are not nice people.

I'm not the type of person who likes to step on other people's writing to that extent. You can argue that the whole "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all" concept is outdated and such, but I've seen people who've stopped writing their fics completely merely because some reviews were too critical.