Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [News]Premium Arcade maps now a reality

Default Re: [News]Premium Arcade maps now a reality

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    On the bright side, the Arcade map scene can't get any worse ... can it?
    good point LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    Anyways, paid user created content is a huge Pandora's box. What if someone grabs assets of a premium map and put it in a free map? Or just straight up copy it? Sell it as his own? What about someone selling a map that infringe someone's copyright (dbz all sagas for example)? What if you pay for a map and it's buggy? Can you get a refund? It's a really hard thing to manage honestly. There's a lot of shitty people out there and you can bet that if there's a $ to be made, they'll screw anyone over. I just hope they'll have strong quality control in place.
    It'll be interesting how they manage this particular aspect. I'm going to assume that those who Blizz will pay for the user created content would vet them and make sure there are no infringements on other properties before even considering it. I'm sure they'll also reinforce that anything that is created/released on it is still technically their property as well as to avoid issues of creators rights.

As for refunds, well, I presume they'd treat it like DLC where if you've used it for a certain a period of time, you're shit outta luck. I don't know Blizz's history when it comes to giving refunds or how difficult it would be but I'd imagine that given that most of their content is actually already there and what you're actually paying for is to unlock the thing, I'm not sure Blizz would really want to do refunds cos it'd be more work for them to undo any changes. It'll be interesting to see because you can get XP from playing Blizz-published Arcade maps (which these will be), so I'm sure they'll use that as the metric as to whether or not it'd be refundable. Even if the XP was gained elsewhere and you didn't touch the new paid for Arcade map, they can still consider the content being used and may not be able to refund it.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Okay, this coming from blizzard. They specifically contacted the mapmakers and worked out something before the maps were released based on watching their progress, that seems to be what they are doing. So its unlikely its going to be an unregulated market, more so vying between us mappers trying to get our stuff noticed first...

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Anyone tried Ark Star? Starting to get a tactics itch. Was going to play something like Disgaea, but maybe this is what I need

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Ark Star's fun but shorter than I expected. Great interface work, impressive design over all. If a 3-5 hour experience is worth 5 bucks to you, give it a shot.

EDIT: The Scanalyze ability has fun little messages depending on what enemy you target with it, so even if knowing enemy HP doesn't seem worth it, the 'what is this unit thinking' messages can be pretty humourous.
    Last edited by Sheliek; 05-14-2018 at 04:38 PM.
    Arcturus Mengsk did nothing wrong. Tarsonis is just a conspiracy theory.

If a 3-5 hour experience is worth 5 bucks to you, give it a shot.
    I might consider it. But since Disgaea is $6 and over 1000 hours of content I'll have to think about it.

Although I do loves me some Zeratul tactics.

It's not Zeratul, as cool as that would be. I actually might pilfer the custom DT model it uses if Blizzard won't nuke me for doing so.
    Arcturus Mengsk did nothing wrong. Tarsonis is just a conspiracy theory.

Of course its not. Just meant the model. If it was actually Zeratul, I'd probably just be sad.