Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 20 years of Starcraft

Default Re: 20 years of Starcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Mislagnissa View Post
    What I meant is that the wiki treats all sources of lore as equally valid unless they explicitly contradict one another. Unlike the writers paid by Blizzard, they actually bother to keep track of what the lore actually said at any point in time. So when you read their synthesis of many differences sources written by different writers who made stuff up as they went along with no regard for internal consistency, that synthesis comes across as bizarre and convoluted.
    It's actually from the wiki that I got into the SC universe after WoL's release. By then, despite not having read any of the SC books (usually they're using the SC2 lore) I already began to see some contradictions and such from SC1 and SC2's lore, hence why I had to turn to the wiki to see what was REALLY going on. It was why I had to rely so much on the wiki for my fic back then....

Default Re: 20 years of Starcraft

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    It's actually from the wiki that I got into the SC universe after WoL's release. By then, despite not having read any of the SC books (usually they're using the SC2 lore) I already began to see some contradictions and such from SC1 and SC2's lore, hence why I had to turn to the wiki to see what was REALLY going on. It was why I had to rely so much on the wiki for my fic back then....
    The wiki is missing a few things too. The book Liberty's Crusade mentions that the Confederacy telepathically interrogated zerg test subjects (although it was apparently quite painful). From this they learned that the zerg considered other species food for their young and material for their creations, and that the protoss were genetic purists that purged the galaxy of life which grew out of control or did not meet their standards of perfection. None of this is mentioned on the wiki.