Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: SC: Evolution Thoughts

  1. #11

    Default Re: SC: Evolution Thoughts

    Regarding the Brood Mothers, it's stated that they have "zones of control" that sometimes overlap.

    How does that work in large- scale campaigns? Do individual minions grow confused when they hit the boundary? What if multiple BMs are in close proximity? What if a BM wants to send out a "detachment" some light years away -- can they?

  2. #12

    Default Re: SC: Evolution Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Tell me Tura: before you even read the book, did you have the impression it'd suck or something?
    Every single novel to this point has sucked. Blizzard has to break the pattern before we believe otherwise.

    You're strong, Gradius. I can barely stand the original SC novels. I don't think I can stomach an SC2 one.


    "Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

  3. #13

    Default Re: SC: Evolution Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Tell me Tura: before you even read the book, did you have the impression it'd suck or something?
    Never read the book (or any SC novels for that matter) nor did I have any prior/preconceived expectations about the book (or any SC novel for that matter). I would have to have some base level of interest about them first before doing any of those things. Short answer: meh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Regarding the Brood Mothers, it's stated that they have "zones of control" that sometimes overlap.

    How does that work in large- scale campaigns? Do individual minions grow confused when they hit the boundary? What if multiple BMs are in close proximity? What if a BM wants to send out a "detachment" some light years away -- can they?
    That'd be kinda funny if their control was proximity based. BMs would have to be physically present/nearby to their army when engaging another BM because otherwise the opposing BM could just take control of any "detached" Zerg army.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.


    _______________________________________________

  4. #14

    Default Re: SC: Evolution Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Regarding the Brood Mothers, it's stated that they have "zones of control" that sometimes overlap.

    How does that work in large- scale campaigns? Do individual minions grow confused when they hit the boundary? What if multiple BMs are in close proximity? What if a BM wants to send out a "detachment" some light years away -- can they?
    I didn't get the whole control zone thing. That would imply once a zerg unit goes beyond the zone, they'll turn feral or something

  5. #15

    Default Re: SC: Evolution Thoughts

    Zahn likes all his details and technicalities. He just... doesn't think them all the way through...
    Aaand sold.


    Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

    Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

    The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

  6. #16

    Default Re: SC: Evolution Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Zahn likes all his details and technicalities. He just... doesn't think them all the way through...
    Well it's not like I read any of his other books, VoK. What are his other works like?

  7. #17

    Default Re: SC: Evolution Thoughts

    Well it's not like I read any of his other books, VoK. What are his other works like?
    Zahn tries so hard to create little profound "Aha!" moments that, more often than not, fall flat on their face from sheer ridiculousness. Or a scenario is unnecessarily convoluted. That, or he tries to create a Sherlock Holmes character, and achieves this by making everybody else stupid. The Green and the Gray, and The Icarus Hunt, are particularly guilty of this. Moreover, his characters are flat and, quite honestly, boring.

    Even so, he's got a couple good ones. I loved the Thrawn trilogy, but that series is a bit of brilliance enhanced with a fair bit of nostalgia in my mind.
    Last edited by Visions of Khas; 02-03-2018 at 03:40 PM.
    Aaand sold.


    Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

    Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

    The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

  8. #18

    Default Re: SC: Evolution Thoughts

    Got my issues with the thrawn trilogy as well. Mainly that the "fleet" everyone is searching for is missing a few zero's in the numbers required to actually be effective...

  9. #19

    Default Re: SC: Evolution Thoughts

    Mainly that the "fleet" everyone is searching for is missing a few zero's in the numbers required to actually be effective...
    Eh, to be fair, it's a reversal of the Rebel v Empire dynamic in the movie; instead of the Rebels' handful of ships vs a mammoth Imperial fleet, a small Imperial fleet defeats an expanded Republic armada.
    Aaand sold.


    Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

    Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

    The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

  10. #20

    Default Re: SC: Evolution Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Zahn tries so hard to create little profound "Aha!" moments that, more often than not, fall flat on their face from sheer ridiculousness. Or a scenario is unnecessarily convoluted. That, or he tries to create a Sherlock Holmes character, and achieves this by making everybody else stupid. The Green and the Gray, and The Icarus Hunt, are particularly guilty of this. Moreover, his characters are flat and, quite honestly, boring.

    Even so, he's got a couple good ones. I loved the Thrawn trilogy, but that series is a bit of brilliance enhanced with a fair bit of nostalgia in my mind.
    Interesting, I'll look into that when I get the time

Similar Threads

  1. StarCraft: Evolution
    By Gradius in forum StarCraft II Discussion
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 12-18-2016, 10:43 PM
  2. Protoss Biology and Evolution
    By Hellgrinder in forum StarCraft Universe Lore Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-30-2013, 10:30 AM
  3. Three months gone - Evolution of meta?
    By SaZun in forum StarCraft II Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-15-2011, 07:12 AM
  4. Evolution vs Creationism
    By EvilGenius in forum Off-Topic Lounge
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 11:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •