Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SC: Evolution Thoughts

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Default SC: Evolution Thoughts

It boggles my mind Umoja still doesn’t have a real army.

Mengsk’s bunker is 50 m deeper than any Protoss purification? Liberty’s Crusade said it breached the mantle, so that’s impossible.

Valerian says "Even at her best Kerrigan had been something of a maverick. At worst she’d been a traitor." Traitor, really? How does evil mass murderer sound?
    I bet Zahn was banned by Blizzard for saying that even if he thought it was true. Or even worse, nobody wants to acknowledge she's a mass murderer.

So they finally explained how transmissions work interspecies. The psi just gets converted to a sound and sent via Terran communication protocols. The zerg reverse engineered an old Valkyrie comm system.

Did Matt really not tell Valerian what happened to Sarah? He was there. Da fuq?

Protoss can inhale plant spores. So they can breathe through their skin.

So people still don’t know how psi emitters work. If it attracts Zerg on the controller level or base level. It seems commanders can't stop its effects.

I’m sick of seeing human ghosts be more useful than Templar in battle. Tanya, Nova, Kerrigan, can all fry a bunch of Zerg minds just by focusing really hard or removing their psi inhibitor, and in the meantime, the supposedly most powerful psionic species of the galaxy just slashes at its target uselessly like a deranged crane. Protoss don’t have telekinetics, they don’t have the ability to fry brains, so what the hell do they have?

Glave Wurms get inside of Terran vehicles/ships and eat them. Whoa.

Protoss calling terrans by their full name and rank is a million times better than this “friend Raynor” crap.

I like that the timeline says Arcturus enacted a brutal civil suppression regime to end the unrest that Raynor’s Rebellion caused. Would have been nice to have this info in HoTS so it felt like we accomplished something.
    Last edited by Gradius; 01-30-2018 at 06:24 PM.

Default Re: SC: Evolution Thoughts

You, uh... you're a little late to that party, huh?
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    You, uh... you're a little late to that party, huh?
    Yep. Found a way to get it for free and read it at work. :P

I’m sick of seeing human ghosts be more useful than Templar in battle. Tanya, Nova, Kerrigan, can all fry a bunch of Zerg minds just by focusing really hard or removing their psi inhibitor, and in the meantime, the supposedly most powerful psionic species of the galaxy just slashes at its target uselessly like a deranged crane. Protoss don’t have telekinetics, they don’t have the ability to fry brains, so what the hell do they have?
    This utterly disgusted me. The Protoss' entire mission was to find a telekinetic ghost because protoss can't move shit with their mind?! Come ON!

I love Zahn, I really do, but outside of Star Wars, he needs to lay off the fanfiction.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    Only now? I downloaded it online months ago

It boggles my mind Umoja still doesn’t have a real army.

Mengsk’s bunker is 50 m deeper than any Protoss purification? Liberty’s Crusade said it breached the mantle, so that’s impossible.

Valerian says "Even at her best Kerrigan had been something of a maverick. At worst she’d been a traitor." Traitor, really? How does evil mass murderer sound?
    I bet Zahn was banned by Blizzard for saying that even if he thought it was true. Or even worse, nobody wants to acknowledge she's a mass murderer.

So they finally explained how transmissions work interspecies. The psi just gets converted to a sound and sent via Terran communication protocols. The zerg reverse engineered an old Valkyrie comm system.

Did Matt really not tell Valerian what happened to Sarah? He was there. Da fuq?

Protoss can inhale plant spores. So they can breathe through their skin.

So people still don’t know how psi emitters work. If it attracts Zerg on the controller level or base level. It seems commanders can't stop its effects.

Glave Wurms get inside of Terran vehicles/ships and eat them. Whoa.

Protoss calling terrans by their full name and rank is a million times better than this “friend Raynor” crap.

I like that the timeline says Arcturus enacted a brutal civil suppression regime to end the unrest that Raynor’s Rebellion caused. Would have been nice to have this info in HoTS so it felt like we accomplished something.
    That's because Umoja is meant to be really high tech, but hardly have any resources, hence no army.

I didn't read that part on Liberty's crusade, maybe they reinforced the bunker after BW.

For the whole maverick and traitor thing, I really wish you'd lay off of it all. Trust me Gradius, if you're only exposed to the absolute WORST humanity has to offer, your viewpoint changes. Having said that I DID wish they made her smarter, and no just rely on mere instincts. Again, you and I will be going about in circles for this, I may have accepted SOME of your views, but not all. You grow up in brutal environment like I did, you'd see it a bit differently. The whole mass murderer view was because after seeing only the worst humanity has to offer (save for Raynor) she saw virtually everyone else as just a cheap copy of Mengsk. Again, this is why if nothing else, I had hoped the epilogue would have said she was still trying to learn from Raynor about humanity.

For Matt not telling Valerian, probably because he wanted the prince to figure it out on his own

The whole psi emitters not stopping its effects, I didn't understand why they didn't bother putting a remote control to turn the emitter off. Even back in the SC1 days I don't think it was said once you turn it on it can't be deactivated without destroying it....

The whole Protoss not having the ability to fry brains isn't true. The mindblast by Asendants can do just that. Really wished we could have seen the Tal'darim that stayed with the Daelaam teach the high templars that. Personally I always felt there should have been a better explanation for Kerrigan's psionic abilities that way surpass the Protoss (now yes you can say this would go into the mystical crap again, but still).

For the civil suppression, I'll give you that one. You'd think after Media Blitz Mengsk would have had no choice but to do just that to stop the rioting. It would prove that he couldn't just tell the Dominion people for taking credit for the Char invasion and that got them right back into line.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    This utterly disgusted me. The Protoss' entire mission was to find a telekinetic ghost because protoss can't move shit with their mind?! Come ON!

I love Zahn, I really do, but outside of Star Wars, he needs to lay off the fanfiction.
    We all knew Protoss psionics were different from terrans, but that they never developed telekinesis made no sense. All Zahn really had to do was say that amongst the young Nerazim in training, THEY didn't develop telekinesis properly, and thus Ulavu's mission was to look for terrans with that power to see if it could help the young ones. Granted it's still not a good explanation, but it would have helped.
    Last edited by ragnarok; 01-30-2018 at 11:52 PM.

Hey, that bunker being materials strong enough and with advanced enough cooling to survive in the mantle/outer core simply makes SC tech level even scarier.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolanstar View Post
    Hey, that bunker being materials strong enough and with advanced enough cooling to survive in the mantle/outer core simply makes SC tech level even scarier.
    Now if only it's going to be put to good practical use

Sucker for punishment, aren't ya Grad?
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    Sucker for punishment, aren't ya Grad?
    Tell me Tura: before you even read the book, did you have the impression it'd suck or something?