Thread: Does Writer's Block Exist?

Default Re: Does Writer's Block Exist?

Hmmmm bot or not bot?

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

It simply!

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

It simply is astounding how much I punish myself for still going to that writer's forum. I kinda like it, because there are lots of people there so there's lots to talk about, but their mods...okay, so I posted a question about taxes as a writer. No, it's not a tax forums, but the people on there are novelists and they do sell their books. The forums puts authors' books at the top regularly. So surely somebody there knows how to file their taxes.

I post my question (dealing with writing expenses when you didn't sell in the past year) and what happens? My thread is closed after being up for fourteen whole minutes.

It simply!

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    It simply is astounding how much I punish myself for still going to that writer's forum. I kinda like it, because there are lots of people there so there's lots to talk about, but their mods...okay, so I posted a question about taxes as a writer. No, it's not a tax forums, but the people on there are novelists and they do sell their books. The forums puts authors' books at the top regularly. So surely somebody there knows how to file their taxes.

I post my question (dealing with writing expenses when you didn't sell in the past year) and what happens? My thread is closed after being up for fourteen whole minutes.

It simply!
    Did they even give a reply to why they closed the thread?

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

What the fuck? That's probably the most practical, universally necessary topic posted on that forum in weeks or months.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    What the fuck? That's probably the most practical, universally necessary topic posted on that forum in weeks or months.
    I know, right? It's like they want the forum to be a highly-specified conglomeration of fluffy, subjective nonsense. So many of the threads on there are just people asking highly subjective, story-dependent questions. The only sections of absolutewrite forums actually worthwhile (and then arguably so) are the beta reader section and the games section.

Maybe I should have expected this. Everything about them is impractical, so...I just don't know.

Edit: Rag, they said that since nobody there was a tax expert, no one there should answer my question.
    Last edited by Nissa; 03-06-2018 at 09:21 PM.

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.